[Solved] Anyone having issue with Delay and Reverb not work in 1.30C?

I’m experiencing the strangest behavior from the Reverb and Delay…it’s working with certain kits and not with others. I can faintly hear it on some kits on others it acts as it should. I can’t be for sure but it seems like in one situation I experienced a loss of delay when I changed the sequencer pattern length. Anyone having an issue with Delay or Reverb?

No issues, but check you’ve not recorded automation on FX track or disconnected the sends for a track and also look at whether the legacy levels toggle is set on = lower levels

If you start from a new pattern new kit and it’s not right then dig deeper into routing

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. :smiley: Can you remind me where the “legacy levels” setting is? I can’t seem to find it in the manual

Think it’s bottom of the sound settings menu

Anything from a later os that’s not covered well in the manual can often be found in the OS release notes pdf fwiw

2 Likes

Found it and yes the Legacy Levels was the issue. Thanks for the help Avantronica. :smiley:

1 Like

I saw the title of this thread and it describes my problem right now.

I can’t get reverb or delay to work on any kit. I tried starting from scratch with new project, new kit, new pattern, nothing. Legacy levels was not ticked. I can’t hear any reverb or delay at all, but distortion works fine.

Any suggestions for a solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

FX sends up - each sound/kit ?
FX routed to Main (toggles per track, find it in a settings menu) ?
FX track level above zero ?
FX settings audible ?
FX do not appear on individual outs
and no doubt other things to try

1 Like

Embarrassingly I am not sure what you mean in your first point. I checked the routing was 12/12.

FX routed to main yes.
FX Track level high
What do you mean by effects settings audible?
I am not using individual outs

Each sound can have a send level to delay/reverb - that bit should be obvious for all to find

Each effect has an output/mix level

Just listing the easy quick things to check - FX Track level would’ve been the one to overlook perhaps

Given a new project didn’t fix it I guess it’s a different issue

2 Likes

“Each sound can have a send level to delay/reverb - that bit should be obvious for all to find”

I am afraid this is not obvious to me. The routings are set to all tracks. Where is this send level control?

The output/mix level of the effects is high. If you are referring to the “vol” control on the effects pages, they are set to high too.

For each track there are send levels on the AMP page, you got these up aswell @megacrex?

2 Likes

Brilliant,

THANKYOU <3

1 Like

No worries, the amount of level controls can be a bit confusing the first time around!

1 Like

Yes, indeed they can.

Would anyone care to elaborate on this – specifically with regards to getting FX on individual outs? I have no issues with reverb/delay appearing on mains (LEFT/RIGHT) outs, but when I start patching out indi outs reverb and delay appear to drop out.

Is this a routing issue? I have my all my individual voices being sent to FX in the TRACK ROUTING menu.

Any help would be appreciated!

The Reverb/Delay options on each track are just “sends” to a single master Reverb and a single master Delay. They both only output on the Main outputs. Using the individual outs by themselves will only be “dry” (no efx). It’s a bit laborious but if you want to record each track with effects, you can: 1 - record 1 track at a time through the master, 2 - record 1 track via individual out and via main out (track + efx) or 3, record 1 track via individual out and via main out (efx only).
You can do all of that by muting tracks or using the routing settings.
Honestly, I love the RYTM reverb but when recording to a DAW I generally do individual outs and use one of the 20 vsts I own for reverb (love me some Vahalla and Lexicon).

2 Likes

Thanks for that – it’s strange that you can’t run a voice through the master reverb or delay and also have that processed voice patched out as an individual output. Thinking of the this as an aux send to the master FX / effect return to an individual out sort of scenario.

If that were the case though, every “return” on each individual out would also have every other tracks delay/reverb send in it as they would all feed to one then return to each. That would create a massive wall of sound and probably blow your speakers if you weren’t ready for it.

I’ve always dreamed of a 8 channel effects box with straight analog i/o with each channel having full analog effects (with digi control) and parrallel digital effects with a wet/dry for each effect.
How about it elektron? :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi, old thread but having this issue too. Which menu is the legacy levels setting in, there’s no refernce to it in the manual?

I’ve got a track with a few drum sounds and reverb/delay only send when it I set them per trig. If I alter the master sends for delay/reverb for this track, it will only send as long as I’m turning the send level knob.

LEGACY FX SEND in SOUND SETTINGS menu, fully described in the manuals for OS version 1.22 and higher since January 2016.