(Solved!) AK Midi Ext 'bug'. Downgrade to 1.23C to fix

OT out AK in // Set OT midi channels. AK midi channel is set to OT auto channel. Selecting OT midi track will send key’s notes on that channel. You are going to want to turn off much of what the OT will receive to close the loop.
AK out OT in // Set up in midi config so OT only receives notes.
OT thru Phatty in // whatever order from here ins and thrus. Set OT to send program changes.
Phatty thru Rytm // Thrus will forward PGch & Transport make sure OT is sending PGch
Rytm thru Parva thru Vocoder

There is a very simple solution to the “channel problem” …

You have already your set-up diagram. You could add the midi-channel settings to the boxes and then check each send/receive line, whether it fit’s together.

I did it for my setup and it was the only possibility for me to keep track and not getting lost :wink:

A possible solution to the MIDI Ext. issue! …which I’m beginning to suspect is the only actual issue…

Lightning fast support reply:

Hi Colin,

Please try downgrading your Analog Keys to version 1.23C, we unfortunately have some MIDI issues in the current version that we will address soon in a fix.

I have attached OS 1.23C. Simply send it to the device like you would with any update. It is a good idea to save your Project beforehand.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Simon M

I’m going to dig in after work today and see what happens… will keep you posted!

3 Likes

It works!! Simple downgrade fixed the issue. Perfect functionality with the vocoder so I have no doubts about hooking it up with anything else. Be advised!

3 Likes

Well I’m glad you got that sorted. What a strange issue.
I’m still at 1.23, never needed to upgrade cause overbridge isn’t really my thing.

Yeah it turns out neither am I. Doesn’t really work in Logic and these boxes are more live instruments. So stoked to be unlocking this final key right now. Setup will be easily dialed in from here on out. :slight_smile:

1 Like