Social Networking, it's horrible, I'm out

My cellphone is useful as a pocket calculator and a flashlight when I’m on our cabin at nighttime. I hardly take any photos with it and the only people I voluntarily have phone conversations with is my mum.

I could very well live with a landline and carry a maglite and a calculator in my bag.

4 Likes

I don’t know why I have one. I have a computer, and no one calls me.

I pay for all the services…I don’t really use. :thinking:

3 Likes

I rarely take pictures with mine too. I have a small fuji x point and shoot for that. This real device makes me happy.

1 Like

He’s a sociopathic nihilist who, had he gone to public school, would have gotten his ass whooped on a regular basis. Instead he was pampered and praised, commodified his own problematic nature and created a platform on which humans are free and encouraged to be their absolute worst. And it’s gone on to become the largest communication portal in the history of mankind. He doesn’t give a fuck about this world’s mental health; it had been for the lolz, now it’s for the bottom line (the latter a more grown up version of the former).

5 Likes

So if I don’t pay for a free side order of French fries, that means I’m French fries?

As a visual artist (painter) I find IG indispensable. granted, the algorithms suck, and getting over the hump to get decent exposure for your posts on it is a royal pain in the Toyota Yaris,
but having been on it for just over a year I’ve got 2 new galleries in other countries, a show in Florence n a bunch o sales from it alone.
I don’t put in the time on it with my music, I ain’t really been writing enough to warrant it, but I do like it as a platform / interface for finding sweet ambient hardware n modular noodles on.

10 Likes

I’m only in it for the memes

1 Like

Not me, my phone is filled with gear and cat pics!

3 Likes

You will love sharing your music if it has an important message for your audience to hear. If it is just for you (totally valid and awesome) then it’s not for the audience.

1 Like

The problem I have with that is…it shows how truly ‘ununique’ everyone’s werk is.

You get to see everything all the time.

And I find it’s all look, no buy now. Cuz we’ve seen what you do (you=people) a thousand times over.

I wish there were things to discover still. Finding it searching the web is no discovery. It’s lazy at best.

1 Like

Today…

2 Likes

oddly, i have joined instagram after reading this thread last week. my life haven’t been the same ever since but i adapt quickly so it will be ok

The DOJ has been compromised. It has lost all integrity and one shouldn’t take anything it does as fair and impartial.

1 Like

I’d recommend you at least keep the account open and find some automated (or nearly automated) way to post clips of your youtube videos to instagram. I admit that the quickest route seems to be following and liking others but I also think that quality content can cause an account to grow organically. If you can find a way to make it automatic, you should.

2 Likes

True :frowning:

This is poetry to me

1 Like

I really appreciate this thread. I am a musician who aspires to have a profitable career and I’m trying to figure out how to have a career in the pandemic, despite wanting to quit all social media.

¯\(ツ)

3 Likes

Its what you make it.
I use mine a fair bit. I made three tracks for an album with it, the camera takes nice photos to send to my Mum, I can play Castles of Burgundy on it (sod playing the board game version) I can take notes on it, and its got the internet in it.

I rarley use it as an actual telephone.

Cell phones are so asocial. So paradoxal.

1 Like

I have a nice camera, I have a pen and paper, I have a television, I have a computer…

The phone is just to easy access.

It’s a terrible thing.