So, what do you do?

Yes … I’ve became a neuro-psychologist and I’m working in a rehabilitation-center for people with cognitive impairments after strokes, traumatic brain injuries, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson disease, tumor and anything which has to do with the brain. I’m also treating people who are suffering from depression, anxiety-disorders, and so on… and in some cases people with personality-disorder but this is not so common in this area … rather rare

i also run a psychology-office as freelancer and i changed my place of living

quite a lot in the past four years

10 Likes

I’m a Tattooer, if anyones in the south east United States and wants a small Elektron tattoo I’ll totally do it for free haha.

10 Likes

I’m a graphic designer, web site manager, and marketing manager, among other things, all of which require me to stare at a computer for 8+ hours a day. Using hardware is sort of a must as such (though I still enjoy programming the Nord Modulars…).

5 Likes

Grew up playing classical but couldn’t practice 5 hours a day and the crowd was a bit boring for my 18 year old self. Took a studio recording course, got the bug, found out studio work doesn’t pay, worked in live sound to supplement income, Yada Yada Yada I’ve been a tech for 23 years. Now also a part time real estate investor trying to get back into making music.

5 Likes

Still working as a software developer but i think i really need to do something else. As time goes by (im 42) my job just doesn’t make sens anymore. Im making good money tbh but i need to do something creative and meaningful. Kinda hate the TI culture.
Ho well :slight_smile:
Thinking about returning to school.

6 Likes

I’d vote for you! I might have already!

1 Like

Oh man, I’m right there with you, @sovietpop. Been in the software industry for 12+ years and never felt like it was the best fit, but it pays the mortgage and provides for my family.

No clue what “something else” would look like for me, but “creative and meaningful” are exactly the words I use when thinking about my dream job.

Nice to see a kindred spirit here (I’m sure one of many :slight_smile:).

5 Likes

Im a Production Manager of an event company, i live in Byron Bay but all of my events are in Port Douglas Australia (strange)…we do 50% Corp Dinners and 50% weddings, designing lighting, P.A. and styling props for some rather evil corporations and even eviler bridezillas.

8 Likes

Is that a cheesy crumpet? :open_mouth:

man, North East or I’d totally take you up on it.

1 Like

I’m a freelance composer. Sounds cooler than it is. I’m currently finishing up a Holiday Hip hop collection and I have the urge to dig at my ears with sharp objects when I’m working on it.

8 Likes

Oh yes. With a light spread of English mustard under the cheese…

2 Likes

Genius. I can’t believe in all my years i never thought of putting cheese on a crumpet.

2 Likes

It’s a game changer…

2 Likes

yeh we might need a crumpet thread.

Japanese Miso Paste
Thin Sliced tomato
Melted Cheese
Cracked Black Pepper

On a crumpet

5 Likes

For our non British friends a crumpet is a traditional breakfast/teatime snack usually toasted and buttered. Also used to be used as a slang term for women. “Tasty bit of crumpet” etc… :see_no_evil:Check this out…

https://www.crumpetman.com/

A crumpet appreciation website

Sorry for going completely off topic btw…

3 Likes

I am happy I left that field long time ago (I am 44), the money it provided was very nice but after a few years it was just not worth it anymore. I was just watching it happen, my soul and life energy getting sucked dry. Vampires are lucky… I felt like this metal song from the 90s

If you can, do it.

1 Like

This is the main reason I got into eurorack. I still haven’t escaped the screens but now they’re tiny LCD or OLED!

1 Like

I’m a former full time comic book artist, a former music journalist, a former gig/happening -coordinator and a former dj.

Nowadays I mostly do illustration and graphic design. I turned 45 this year and one of the symptoms of my personal mid-life-crisis is that I constantly think of changing profession. Soon I’ll maybe be a former illustrator and graphic designer too.

My dreamjob would perhaps be a librarian (I love books, I love keeping/putting things in order, I love silence etc.) On the other hand I’d love to be a carpenter and build furniture etc. I’ve done my share of advertising throughout the years and really can’t stand most of the people working in advertising anymore. I’m also having trouble with the whole idea of making people want to consume more when they should actually stop consuming. I’d be much happier as a librarian or a carpenter.

25 Likes

Totally hear you about working in any field that is about consuming more or in any way about adding more stuff to this earth. As a translator and author whose works rarely make it to print but mostly remain on screens of various kinds, I am glad that my material footprint (if not energy footprint) has not been too great.

1 Like