So long

welcome back…even if you ditched the AR!
Grrrrrrr…

Thanks. And yes, the AR was the hardest one to part with. It’s a thing of beauty, to be sure.

Yes! Hamsun, Henry Miller, and G G Marquez spring to mine. I own nearly everything these diatribists wrote.[/quote]
Yes. If only more people had told these gents to keep quiet, we would’ve never had to listen to their racket. Throw in a few Hemingways, Wildes and Rands in the mix and the world would be a quiet place indeed.
Ah-hem.

Thanks. I’m thoroughly enjoying your latest live track. It’s da shit, Adam.

Hah :slight_smile: well, I’ve put together a few drafts, picked my favourites and making tracks now. I try to imagine Hancock jamming with Daft Punk back when they hadn’t made Homework yet. Quite enjoying it.
I try not to be bothered by the fact that during this gear frenzy, I was still quite productive. I got a lot of shit done. But it was sprawling and all over the place, naturally, since different rigs and setups generated all this. If I’d put my mind to it and just focused on what I’m doing now, I would’ve had an album and a few gigs lined up.

So it’s like, what did I do with all this time?

Learning the Octatrack, I guess. That’s been with me almost since day one and everything’s gone through that. And things are going pretty smoothly now, thanks to that.

So yeah. Learning the Octatrack, to prepare for an album. Let’s settle for that.

I read a little of the thread but the end is better glad you found yourself in a better place.

Have fun with your octatrack, I’ve been banging my head against a wall a little yesterday with parts and patterns but persevered and am loving it.

Hah :slight_smile: well, I’ve put together a few drafts, picked my favourites and making tracks now. I try to imagine Hancock jamming with Daft Punk back when they hadn’t made Homework yet. Quite enjoying it.
I try not to be bothered by the fact that during this gear frenzy, I was still quite productive. I got a lot of shit done. But it was sprawling and all over the place, naturally, since different rigs and setups generated all this. If I’d put my mind to it and just focused on what I’m doing now, I would’ve had an album and a few gigs lined up.

So it’s like, what did I do with all this time?

Learning the Octatrack, I guess. That’s been with me almost since day one and everything’s gone through that. And things are going pretty smoothly now, thanks to that.

So yeah. Learning the Octatrack, to prepare for an album. Let’s settle for that.[/quote]
Ah very nice! Love that feeling of accomplishment that comes with being able to complete a single coherent body of work. Thought I’d start another thread on the subject so I don’t go derailing this one further…

HOI !!!
Happy to hear from you, nice avatar - is that your doughter ???
You sound positive man :slight_smile:

Hey :slight_smile: thanks, I remember our last conversation, and it was a good one, part of the reason I eventually did this purge. So thank you for that :slight_smile:
And yes, that’s my daughter. She always like to listen to whatever stuff I’m working on, and I took this photo when she went spinning away, dancing to the music. I figured, if she’s the only one who’ll ever appreciate my music, that’s still enough for me.

:heart: :+1:

Yes! Hamsun, Henry Miller, and G G Marquez spring to mine. I own nearly everything these diatribists wrote.[/quote]
Hah, I love all these guys. Demented geniuses.