So I published an EP

It all started in 2015 with a spontaneous DAW purchase, now being an Elektronaut for a year or so. Thank you all for the help, inspiration and community.

https://soundcloud.com/tamaris-records/zabong-dark-side-original-mix

Very nice. Just listened through the demos on the label’s site. I like how you stay on a single bass note for longer stretches, yet manage to keep it interesting. It’s more evolving than many other tracks in the genre, seems like you’ve put some time into its continuity, to make sure it’s ever progressing. Very solid work.

1 Like

Thank you.

That staying on one note is in part an evolutionary thing. When I started out with iPad music apps, my bass lines where way too complex and would not fit with any kind of dance music. When I discovered dub techno some months ago, this was the first time I heard people just hinting at real bass lines, using delays more than actual notes being played to create a groove. I am still learning here, but that is what I look for. I now usually stay with a simple groove, but use filter modulation and delays to create a bass line, maybe transposing it once within the track only, and adding low toms for some variation within.

Btw. Ableton push does not fit on the table of a German ICE train without other passengers loosing their cool :slight_smile: so I have to keep it simple.

1 Like

BTW. Dark Side was originally a sound demo for a free soundest for VPS Avenger, so it is completely ITB.

Here is the full track:
Dark Side (original)

1 Like

Well, I think the challenge of staying interesting when you remain around a very defined harmonic range is what separates the dull from the great, and you pulled it off. These organic shifts over the tracks keep me interested to the end.

1 Like