Small mixer for Digitakt + A4 + 2 Mono synths

Even better

i still like my K-mix:

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/k-mix/

although, it is about 3 smartphones in size

1 Like

Not enough channels.

Art MacroMIX, on the other hand, is in the Goldilocks zone, just right.
2 stereo inputs for A4 and DT, and 2 mono inputs for the mono synths.
Active too.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MacroMix--art-macromix-personal-mixer

edit: I just remembered that this one sums the stereo inputs to mono… NEVERMIND!

Have you tried it yourself? Amazon reviews are kinda bad.

Yea, I had one for a few years. Noisier than a Mackie Mix 5 (which I replaced it with), but not unusable for live situations.

I wouldn’t record through it, unless you were okay with some noise, and that goes for just about all of the Rolls and ART products.

edit: I just remembered that this one sums the stereo inputs to mono… NEVERMIND!

Mackie 402VLZ4 is probably your best bet, using the TAPE IN for one of the stereo inputs, but it still has a level knob.
Or a Mackie Mix5, again, utilizing the TAPE IN, but there is no level knob, so Digitakt might be best for it, as it has a very hot output and you can use its own Master Level knob for leveling.
“Too big,” I know, but nothing else will meet your input needs.

An old Boss BX-mixer? Like the BX 60?

They can be found for like 30-50 euro, and is excellent for line level equipment

rack mixer? the Samson SM10 is pretty flexible and reasonably priced for what you’re getting. gives you plenty of room to grow. not paying for pres and eq’s you don’t need. and you can just set your gear on top of it to save space.

1 Like

You could swap your DT for an OT. That’s what I did.

1 Like

Any suggestion for a small mixer that can also record well? Ideally to SD or USB storage.

Has the Digitakt features that the Octatrack hasn’t? Like the master compressor? OB?

Are Digitakt projects exportable to the Octatrack?

Are we sure that the inputs of the Digitakt are summed to mono by the hardware or the software? And that Elektron couldn’t make stereo monitoring available in the near future?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but OT has a lot of effects including compression. Only thing is that it doesn’t have OB, but the original poster has an A4 which OB works with.

I’m the OP I’ll burn this post to the ground if I want to.

Okay sorry hadn’t taken my pills. I don’t think I’ll switch for an OT, those are two different machines and if I’m not 100% positive that the Digitakt limitation is hardware I think I’ll wait for a miracle. I’m going to ask the support.

Ah I didn’t check that you are the OP.
The OT acts as mixer/recorder and performance tool. Your A4 has OB so you don’t need the OT to have OB.
Anyway…the Bastl would work well if all you want is a tiny hw mixer. And of course with the upcoming OB you’ll be able to plug your DT and A4 separately into your computer and mix in your DAW.

1 Like

The Bastl is mono but I could buy two of them :thinking:

Anyway I messaged the support to know if stereo monitoring will be made available on the Digitakt in the near future or if it’s a HW limitation.

If that’s what you are after then I don’t see why this wouldn’t be worth a shot as mentioned before.
Edit: the reviews are pretty good too

1 Like

I sent a message to the support to know if the lack of stereo monitoring on the Digitakt was due to an hardware limitation and got this answer:

The developers are looking at possibly implementing this, I can’t promise you anything but it’s under discussion.

So I might wait. In the meantime this topic can be used as a recap for small line mixers!

5 Likes

great info, cheers!

1 Like

Hi,

I want to buy the key largo

Do you reccomend it?

Hi,
I dont think there is any competition if you are looking for a quality small mixer with aux send.

The pro :
-Build quality is superb build like a tank really.
-Stereo aux ! can also be configured in mono mode.
-Built in USB and yes IOS devices works fine . I use an Ipad pro with the apple connector that provide power and usb3 port at the same time. It is important that the adapter provide power + usb connection otherwise it wont work.
-Sound quality is amazing , lots of gain, super clean.
-Its also a DI box !
-ITS SMALL ! I cant believe there is no alternative if you want a small quality mixer.

Con :
-The footswitch is kinda useless imo unless you put the mixer next to your feet.
-The aux send is post fader and the bypass switch cut the wet signal immediately.
-Kinda expensive.
-No headphone.

Alternative :
Mackie 1202 is small but way bigger than the Largo.

Yes i recommend it !

2 Likes