Small mixer for Digitakt + A4 + 2 Mono synths

Hello,

I’m looking for a really small mixer (ideally the size of a smartphone) for my setup.

I’m currently running two mono synths into the inputs of the A4 (to use the FXs) and then running the A4 into the Digitakt. This makes me lose the stereo picture of both the A4 and the mono synths, which is bad.

As much as I would love to have stereo monitoring on the Digitakt, I can’t wait for it to happen so I’m looking for a small 4 inputs mixer (to run the Digitakt RL and the A4 RL into it).

Is this any good? What are you using?

Thanks,

With namm round the corner and the amount of people that have asked for an elektron mixer in the past I’d wait it out if I were you, it’s only a slim possibility but probs worth waiting a couple of weeks for

2 Likes

… and then probably “some” more until it manifests in shops.
… and then probably “some” more until the most serious bugs got killed.
… and then probably “some” more until your hair has grown in again :wink:

2 Likes

ha excellent point. “input enabled”*

*inputs expected summer 2021

2 Likes

Mackie 402VLZ or Mix5 is a cheap way to do what you want, or maybe a 1202 if you need room to grow and/or use outboard FX.

This is too big. Same for the Yamaha AG03 / 06. Plus those things are always full of mic preamps and I don’t care for that.

Something like this?

Since you are looking for a really, really small mixer:

Bastl Dude (5-channel mixer)

… but it may lack one required channel in your case. That’s bad, because the form factor is unbeatable (just the size of 4 AA batteries).

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen those Rolls and most notably that one https://www.thomann.de/gb/rolls_mx_41b.htm

But I’m afraid that the passive thing will take a huge toll on the sound volume (although I don’t know exactly how) and I’ve been deterred a bit by the comments saying that channels tended to bleed on each other.

Since you are looking for a really, really small mixer:
Bastl Dude (5-channel mixer)
… but it may lack one required channel in your case. That’s bad, because the form factor is unbeatable (just the size of 4 AA batteries).

5 is one too many (Digitakt 1, 2, A4 3, 4, the Mono synths would still be routed through the A4), that would be perfect. Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it. I like the mutes too.
Edit: Ah but it’s full mono yeah that won’t work.

I have the Radial Key Largo and its really great. Could not found something smaller and its top quality + stereo fx send.
3 stereo inputs and 1 usb (i use my Ipad with it and its working perfectly using the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter)

3 Likes

I’ve seen that one and it seems awesome but the price tag is a bit high for me. Maybe I’ll pay the premium if I don’t find anything else.

1 Like

These are 5 mono channels! 2+2+1+1 => 6 (one less then required)

He’s routing the mono synths though the A4.

I know its expansive and it took me a long time to finally buy the thing when it was cheaper during Christmas sale. I havent found anything else, nothing that can compare for less money.

Not cheap but for the price you have a stereo Radial DI BOX (not cheap) a very very good mixer with lots of gain + FX STEREO! send. Its top quality and really build like a tank.
Wish i could have found something less expansive that small but nop…

I’ve seen that Roland were producing their own mixer but it seems too big and bloated with useless (for me) functionalities (https://www.roland.com/fr/products/mx-1/)

I might end up buying a Key Largo. I might wait for Namm. I might wait for Elektron to enable stereo monitoring on the Digitakt :thinking:

When the Key Largo isn’t too large, than the Allen & Heath ZED-6 is also an option (6 channels/~€100.-).

Seen that one too. Seems nice but the footprint is a bit bigger. I wish there was a 2 to 3 Stereo Line inputs only mixer.

If u want it powered, this could be fine

This?