Drone synths

:point_up_2:

The Elmyra is a sort of mini-Lyra 8 in hardware format:

5 Likes

DFAM or M32 can be quite droney, depending on patching

2 Likes

Strega is really good… also doubles as a great fx unit, lots of stuff you can do with it. Only trouble is strega is pretty soon you will be wanting an 0-ctrl also. Pico system 3 can be made to do some really good drones, its got all the tools and a very dirty delay.

1 Like

yeah, probably strega fits perfectly into “post apocalyptic dark noise nonsense”
+
it’s quite versatile
+
it could be expanded with 0-Coast + O-Ctrl for super nice small system

It’s a good choise…

3 Likes

Or… something more exotic:

2 Likes

Grendel Drone Commander is fantastic and - for the classic pedal - very well priced. It makes one sound, but its a very good one.

2 Likes

The Ndlr has drone mode. Can use a Korg Volca Keys or Bass with it.

I can confirm that it is.

Anything with two or three oscillators by MFB (Synth Lite II, Dominion Club, Kraftzwerg [long since discontinued, mind]) ; any of the Dreadbox semi-modulars (Nyx, Erebus) or their mind-melting Typhon. An MS-20.

1 Like

This thread is giving me gas

3 Likes

Me too. I’m a massive sucker for drones. I’ve already bought an 0-coast this week though!

1 Like

Serves you right for posting all those monster drones from your fusion system, which started all this in the first place.

4 Likes

You should just save up and get one, it’s really good.

If apocalypse + dark is your goal, then do not sleep on the X1l3 Shard.

Everything else that has been mentioned thus far is warm by comparison.

1 Like

I am the owner of this by resonance circuits - Geiger lab, all of his drone synth designs are individual, you can look online what he currently has for sale. He has loads of videos on YouTube

7 Likes

That sounds HUGE!

1 Like

X1l3 has made some brilliant synths. I have a Vevoyah - Atari Punk plus filthy delay & filter.

1 Like

Its sounds great, no midi, no cv, just drone, 3 oscillators, a delay and filter and not sure what all of the dials do, there were no instructions with it, some of his other designs look great as well, I think he’s made over 70 different machines

1 Like

Yeah looked at that vevoyah, there was one on sale on here not long ago, is that the one you bought

1 Like