Slaving DT to Song mode of AF/AK or AR?

Is there anyone who’s slaving their DT to the song mode of the A4 or the AR? If so, what experiences have you made? Does it work smoothly or is there any pitfalls to it?

2 Likes

I’d like to know this too.

If it works well I might even sell some gear for an A4 mk1.

I’m doing this. Works great until after some start and stops I can’t get it to sync well. Off by an 8th note for some reason. Reboot both boxes and all is good. Will work on figuring out if it’s some user error this weekend but it works well for a while first. So i think it might be a digitakt midi bug.

1 Like

Did you try double pressing “Stop” on the A4? It resets the counter and helps aligning things sometimes.

works well with the mnm

1 Like

Digitakt lags behind A4 in my setup by at least a bar, unusable with digitakt slaving to A4, works fine the other way around, A4 slaved to digitakt , but no saving chains or songs this way, obviously.

No issues today. Before starting up again i am making sure i tap stop like 5 times on both units just in case. I changed midi settings so all knobs and keys only affect internal parameters, disabling external. Just transport and clock out. Set up song mode and all works well…

Tomorrow morning i will record a video with them linked.

1 Like

uploading a video now. worked perfect. main issue for me is how both treat kits differently. digitakt seems to prefer being alone or being less complicated. if linked to song mode then control all fx jump when hitting next pattern. and if you tweak the volume of say the hat on one pattern you have to go into each to adjust ( i think, please let me know if not). since my patterns vary and have some extra hits, etc didn’t want to paste anything.