Sixty Four Pixels Noodlebox

This looks interesting

3 Likes

I’ve pre-ordered this one through the campaign. This is probably not for everyone, but has some very nice features. It’s basically four analog-style sequencers in one desktop box with a bunch of internal routing options.

The campaign video is not the best, but I found an early draft of the user manual here: https://github.com/hotchk155/Noodlebox/blob/master/docs/Noodlebox%20User%20Guide.pdf The interface seems kind of shortcut heavy (in a good way). There’s a table at the end of the manual listing all the key combos.

3 Likes

I think this looks awesome, and as a previous owner of a cv.ocd I can vouch for the quality of (at least one) their products. If I was into modular it would be a no brainer. If I had more of expendable income I would probably go for it just to mess with midi.

Found some demo videos of the prototype on Instagram:

I’ve also confirmed with Jason Hotchkiss that the firmware will be open source (the code is already public on GitHub).

1 Like

Received the machine today. Not much time to mess around with it today but tried it for an hour and it’s amazing. This crowdfunding campaign was super well done. He built/shipped the unit on time and there aren’t any obvious bugs in the firmware.

2 Likes

Can any Noodlebox users comment on how well it syncs to an external clock?

Sync works

Cool. Have you tried it with a few different clock sources? I’m hoping to sync it to Pam’s New Workout via 24ppqn but I can also use a 16th note clock if need be.

The sync clock division is configurable, so you should be able to accommodate your setup.

Thanks. There’s not a lot of discussion about this sequencer, although the manual is very thorough. Mu experience with sequencers is that just because something should sync well according to the manual doesn’t mean that actually does. I have the CV.OCD by the same company which works really well so I’m hoping the Noodlebox does as well.

What are you using to sync yours?

I use MIDI in to sync it. The analog clock works as well, I tried it a while ago.

1 Like

Can anyone give me a pointer on how to configure my Digitone (MIDI) to be sequenced ?
I am able to sequence Mutable Instruments, its almost plug and play. Struggling to sequence the Digitone, I know it can be done, I am just not able to configure https://youtu.be/uq5Pnvjpllc

Here is a checklist:

Use a working MIDI cable connected to the Digitone’s MIDI In port.

In the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu:

• set INPUT FROM to “MIDI”, and
  • activate RECEIVE NOTES.

In the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > CHANNELS menu, set the TRACK 1-4 CHANNEL numbers to the appropriate channel numbers for the incoming MIDI messages.

1 Like

I love the Noodlebox! I just got one recently and have been pleasantly surprised at how fully featured it is for a very affordable modular-centric sequencer.