Sisters with Transistors — Documentary

Finally watched it tonight. I really enjoyed it. Some really interesting historical footage of some very inspiring women. I’ll definitely be watching it again.

1 Like

There’s going to be a screening of the film on 8 March in Geneva:

Journée des Droits des Femmes - “SISTERS WITH TRANSISTORS” - cave12 & LUEUR @ CINELUX - 08.03.22

more details and link

MARDI 08 MARS – séance: 20h00 tapantes!!!

– la cave12 et l’Association LUEUR au CINÉLUX –> 8 boulevard Saint-Georges, Infos pratiques | Cinélux

Dans le cadre de la Journée Internationale des Droits des Femmes:

Projection du film « SISTERS WITH TRANSISTORS » (2021) de Lisa Rovner

suivie d’une courte performance musicale de NAT CILIA puis d’une discussion avec NAT CILIA, MARIE PRéDOUR et MARION INNOCENZI.

En méga_complicité avec le CINÉLUX et L’association LUEUR

1 Like

I saw it on Arte a few days ago. But it’s only one hour long:

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s now available on GooglePlay and Youtube in Canada. Sisters with Transistors - watch streaming online

3 Likes

Hi Thermionic,

You can’t donate but you can purchase our films on Vimeo On Demand.

https://vimeo.com/monoduo/vod_pages

Hope you find something you like!

3 Likes

You can find the feature length version here:

5 Likes

Can this be available in the UK please ?

It is. I just searched and the standard version is on YouTube for £2.49 and hi-def version for £3.49. There are probably other platforms too.

Cool thank you.

I’ve found it on Amazon Prime too for the same price. I think I thought it would only be available on Vimeo. I should have searched first really.

2 Likes

Oh, and on Arte in France and Germany too!

Nice; I’ll be watching that soon.

1 Like

Modern Films is releasing the film in the UK - it’s available on iTunes.

2 Likes

Is there going to be a DVD / blu ray release at any point?

Yes! Working on it…

2 Likes

I apparently have :wink:

Distribution of documentaries is such a tricky thing that I’m sure is much more frustrating to you!

Have already purchased Where Does A Body End (didn’t realize it was the same team!)

I’ll happily grab another doc or so from Vimeo, y’all do excellent, interesting work and thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

This was such a great film… Wish I had seen it in a cinema with good sond.

3 Likes

For folks in the UK, they are showing this docu on Sky Arts tomorrow night. They must be having a season of this sort of stuff because tonight they have a Tangerine Dream docu, then the I Dream Of Wires docu, and then a docu about New Order - they don’t say whether Barney will be in tune or not in the New Order docu. Also tomorrow night is the High Tech Soul docu, and a docu about Gary Numan but it’s a recent one so you get to see wee Gaz pretending he’s Trent Reznor no doubt.

4 Likes

Lmaooo this should be included in reasons for viewer discretion

2 Likes

Yup, 92 and still going strong, though not composing electronic music any longer.

This is from a while back:

3 Likes