Sinfonion (Eurorack chord quantizer+)

The Sinfonion is a polyphonic Eurorack CV output chord sequencer, with arpeggiator and chord progressions.

Mathias Kettner the inventor of the Sinfonion explains it as follows (starting at 0:48 of the First Contact video below):
It’s basically an eight channel quantizer; my problem was i have so many voices in my rack … and i want to play all together in one tune, and change chords and go to a different scale and stuff like that, and that’s almost impossible with normally existing quantizers. So this thing has three normal quantizer channels, it has a four channel chord section, and it has an arpegiator that is especially fun to play with. Everything is CV controllable – basically it’s the mastermind of a band, where all musicians play together, in the same scale and tune, and then on top you have a chord progression sequencer, where you can program a progression of chords, and change when you want.

First Contact:

Kettner goes through setting up the Sinfonion with Mario of Ströme to generate one of his tunes on his rack.

The ACL Sinfonion will be available soon, and is priced at €960 or $1000 US.

2 Likes

Some more on the Sinfonion

Kettner makes the product announcement and the ensuing discussion over at Muff Wiggler.

1 Like

Remarkable! Very interesting videos, and module of course :blush:

1 Like