Simply trying to trigger my mbase2 using digitone?

Hi all.

I was triggering my Mbase using the ot but for whatever reason it was a bit hit n miss so I wound up sampling the kick in my pc then loading it into the ot and sequence ing the sampled kick. Worked great however I like the fluctuations in the analog signal and so have now tried to trigger with the dn… so far unsuccessfully. I honestly thought it would be super simple (probably is) and I would be up and running in a minute but this is not the case. I have tried a lot of different things to no avail.
To clarify…

Mbase is on and produceing sound.
I have a tested midi cable connected to an midi merger, a beatstep added in the signal.
Both Mbase and ar being fed midi from the merger on tested cables. Ar is fine.
I have activated all the parameters set at factory zero(don’t understand all yet) activated.
Midi channel is 9
I have referred to the manual but can’t seem to pin point what I may be doing wrong? Also feels like the manure is not covering the absolute basics or my module should be bumping to my pattern?
I’ve tried lots of stuff and then some.

Does anyone know what I might be missing? (Fully functional brain aside)?

Does anyone care to offer a step by step to get me going?

Thanks guys n gals.

Have you tried to trigger the Bass drum with the C1 note as stated in the manual?

Lol yes but to no avail

Have you made sure to also activate MIDI channel 9 out, on the Digitone MIDI track?

To do this, hold FUNC and press in the A encoder on the SYN1 page, let go, then turn the encoder to 9.

Yes?

I’ve tried going into the midi channel control menu and turning track 1 to 9 and the midi channel for track 1 to 9?

All no go?

Should I have asked the question differently or just be patient? I’d really like to find out what I am doing wrong?

Thank you guys for helping.

That was not what @johnl was pointing to.
The Midichannel in the setup is for mapping a digitone midi-track to incoming midi.

To activate outgoing midi you have to

1. Select the Miditrack (Hit Midi, then select T1 for example)
  2. Go to the SYN1 Page
  3. Hold FUNC and PRESS the A-Encoder (CHAN)
  4. Turn encoder until 9 is shown in display
  5. Go to TRIG page
  6. Set ROOT (A-encoder) to C1

If that is not working, try two things:

1. Change ROOT to C0 or C2 - those are not always the same on all devices
  2. Make sure that in the Midi-Settings, Midi-out is active:
    2a. Hit FUNC + MIDI
    2b. Select PORT CONFIG
    2c. Set OUT PORT FUNC to MIDI
    2d. Set OUTPUT TO to MIDI
2 Likes

Yes sorry to confuse I understood @john I was just pointing out other stuff I had tried.

Update. The cable I was using after Re-test was faulty so it must have broke while I inserted it or something? But… I’ve tried a working cable and retraced all steps to no avail?

I’m so frustrated I’ve tried every c note through each octave even though the Mbase manual says note 36 I’ve tried the suggestions c0 and c2 and every other c right up still nothing. And I pulled the cable again and tested and it’s working?? ?

Many thanks guys.

Awe man all along it was the merger!!! It’s faulty. I did a couple of double blinds on it and one signal path is inconsistently working/not working!!!

So many thanks to those who contributed I am very grateful I really appreciate it.

5 Likes