Silverdrum

Samplerate does not affect pitch. It’s just one dimension of the quality of digitized audio.

3 Likes

I guess it won’t play back at the wrong pitch, but the wrong speed. To be honest though, I haven’t fully explored this. I don’t recall noticing much of a different when using 48k samples. There is software out there that can change the sample rate for you (make sure it can dither, for best quality). I like using SOX, but I enjoy running things from the command line.

2 Likes

Thanks for the example @mishpult ! These samples were nicely captured – definitely reminded of the sound of the MD. Now that this sample pack is on sale, I think I have to pick it up.

Ooops. I guess I should have checked the octatrack-manual, instead of giving a wrong answer ;-(

But I guess that if the samples are transferred to OT using Transfer, it will automatically convert the samples to the correct sample-rate?

/thomas

No sweat - I wasn’t trying to out you! As a recent OT learner, I remember coming across that bit of info recently. Also, OT doesn’t use transfer, it’s more old school than that. When you plug into your computer, it shows up as an external disk (CF card). So samples go across exactly as they are (for better or worse).

So with all that said, anything need to be done when using these samples on the OT?

I’d like to buy this and the Modular samples pack but want to make sure I don’t run into any issues.

You can load the free demo samples in OT and check if they are ok for you. I only recognized a different pitch/speed.

Like @cold_fashioned mentioned so can change the samplerate with sox or audacity if needed before uploading to OT. Think i give that a try today.

This is going to make a great Christmas present for my RYTM. :christmas_tree:

I’d like to buy these, but want to try out the free demo to make sure they work fine with my OT mk2. I’ve tried to download them on three different browsers across two different computers, and I keep running into the same issue, it keeps saying I must be subscribed to the newsletter. I am. I resubscribed multiple times, and it still won’t let me download the soundpack. Any suggestions?

Log into your account and go to YOUR sound packs . There you can find all your purchased sound packs. Underneath that you can find all the available demo’s.
Have fun

Love the clean kicks in this sound pack. I may become a bit MachineDrum obsessed.

3 Likes