Signal Colors - YouTube Pedal Demos

Hello! I just wanted to share that I’ve been working on filming a YouTube series called “Signal Colors” and have a few episodes up now that I’ve shot over the last few months. I’m trying to release one every other Friday and haven’t missed yet in 2021 haha (so far so good). I just thought I’d share some of my experiences with different effects pedals after I got my hands on them. There’s just so much stuff out there that you can’t really check out in person (especially during Covidity), so I just thought I’d document some effects I already have annnnnd some that I’ve been curious about over the years and only ordered just to try out for this purpose (and maybe keep - who’s gonna stop me?!? haha).

This is Episode 6 that came out Friday:

Already released:

• Recovery Effects Dirty Murals
  • Walrus Audio Slo
  • Recovery Effects Bad Comrade
  • Matthews Effects Astronomer V2
  • Dwarfcraft Treeverb
  • Demedash T-120 V2 (Standard)

Purchased and coming over the next weeks/months:

• OTO Machines BIM
  • Recovery Effects White Gold
  • Moogerfoogers (MF-101, MF-102)
  • AC Noises AMA V2
  • Mojohand Dream Mender
  • Pladask Elektrisk Fabrikat
  • Montreal Assembly Count to Five
  • Bastl Thyme
  • Hologram Electronics Microcosm

If you’re interested, check it out and leave a comment here or there and let me know what you think! I try to not take it too seriously and just have fun with it, but also try to keep some structure and polish.

I’m enjoying the challenge and feel like as long as I’m at least helping a few people, it’s worth the effort. =)

8 Likes

Dude, your videos are amazing in quality and you explain and show very well! Thanks for showing this very unique pedal.

Will definitely check out more of your stuff! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the compliments! I really appreciate that. Happy that it was useful and that you enjoyed it! =)

Nice, keep’em coming!

1 Like

Thank you! The positive feedback is a good motivator haha, and I appreciate it - they’re a lot of work! My goal is to release an episode every 2 weeks for all of 2021 no matter what, and then see where it goes from there. =)

A lot to look forward to! Subscribed! There’s definitely not too many channels dedicated to presenting pedals mostly/exclusively with synths, so this is very nice!

1 Like

Thanks so much! Yeah! That was a lot of the motivation. Like most of us here I’ve spent a lot of time scouring the internet looking for demos like this personally, so I figured I can do my part and try to fill that gap just a little =)

1 Like

Don’t know how much a pain in the ass it would be, but changing the background color of the table or board that you demo on to match the thumbnail would be cool. Sort of like the one hip-hop YouTube channel that switches up the color backgrounds for each artist they have on

1 Like

Oh that would be cool! I don’t know how to do anything with effects really, but could be cool to experiment with at some point. =)

1 Like

Just a thought that popped up. I like your presentation and you don’t come across pretentious, which is something that for some reason really resonates with YT. Just stay away from doing surprise/mind blown faces from the thumbnails and you’ve got a humble subscriber. I respect the labor of love.

2 Likes

:rofl:

You’re right on the money, jdaddyaz!

2 Likes

Haha many thanks! I appreciate that! That “thumbnail face” is so lame haha, I’ll NEVER do that lol so you’re in good hands :laughing:

1 Like

Episode 07: OTO Machines BIM

and

Episode 08: Recovery Effects White Gold

Episode 09 premieres Friday, which features the Walrus Audio Julianna =)

1 Like

Episode 09: Julianna is now live =)

Just uploaded the AC Noises AMA Version 2!

AC Noises liked it enough to put it on their product page! http://www.acnoises.com/pedals/27-ama-reverb-w-oscillator-bit-crusher-v2.html which feels like an honor! =)

Hope these are helpful for the community :v:

Lots of new episodes up since my last post!

The gnarly and cool Malekko Downer:

The granular powerhouse that is the Pladask Elektrisk Fabrikat:

Classic Moog staples, the MF-101 and MF-102:

The hard to wrangle creativity machine, the Montreal Assembly Count to 5:

The very spacious and otherworldly Death By Audio ROOMS:

yessir!
the world needs more synth and drums focused demos for pedals like these.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s why I started it. I wanted more than what I could find, so I decided it would be a good exercise to do it myself haha. It’s a lot of work, but these will live online for years and hopefully help some people out who were like me, wishing I could clearly see/hear what these things could do in a synth/drum machine context. Thanks for the kudos! =)

Just uploaded a demo of the Draume, a super textural and AM/FM modulated reverb from Pladask Elektrisk, perfectly paired up with the Digitone =)