Sidstation OS – how to reprogram the CMOS?

Hi guys. My Sidstation does nothing like this (see image).

Since the update process via MIDI Cable doesn’t work I would try to reprogram the CMOS by myself. So I need a ROM image for that. I think the OS SysEx-Files won’t work for that. Where can I get the ROM images?

Any advice?

Thanks,
Steigck

Contact us via a Support Ticket on Elektron.se and we’ll help you out.

2 Likes

Hi Simon, thanks. I tried without success. Everytime I try to send it this message appears: “Incorrect serial number.” What should I do?

Thanks

1 Like

You can register a ticket without a serial number if you don’t select a machine at all.

2 Likes

Thanks. You got mail. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The same just happened to my SIDStation.

@steigck did you manage to get a hold on a ROM Image?

@Ess I have tried to create a support ticket but I need to enter a serial number no-matter which subject I pick at www.elektron.se/support/ and It does not accept the serial number of my SIDStation.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

I managed to submit a support ticket at elektron.se/support :slight_smile: so far so good.

2 Likes

@mondy Yes, @Ess has helped me out. We could burn the ROM without further problems.

But unfortunately the SID station could not get repaired so far. Maybe we’ll gonna try it again at a later time…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Hope you will get your SIDStation to work again, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hi there fellow SID lovers! Just letting you know if there is anybody out there who bricked the SID - there are also the cure! You just have to buy a new chip for SID (AM29F010-120PC,AMD, integrated circuit, DIP 32 , flash eprom - 1Pc, AM29F010-120PC,AMD, integrated circuit, DIP 32 , flash eprom | eBay) and reprogram it (sidst_r34_reloc.s19 - this will work). You can download the binaries from here (just use the “reloc” binary) - Synth repair (SIDStation) - Page 2 - MOD WIGGLER. At least worked for me perfectly.

1 Like