Show us your gardens!

Interesting thread! Currently redoing my top garden, and planning some raised beds/planters and maybe a small DIY greenhouse too.

Past couple of weeks been concreting and patio laying, built a massive double gate, put up some new fencing, and repaired some others. Arms like Popeye.

5 Likes

Yeah man, landscaping and fencing is the best exercise.

After that first lockdown I was an absolute fucking beefcake.

Then that second lockdown kicked in and too much beef and cake…

6 Likes

Here is part of my backyard. Most people who see it refuse to believe, I work in landscaping, but I like the more-or-less left alone look.

30 Likes

Deffo, surprising how enjoyable very manual hard work can be after a few years of not doing any, good for the mind too.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, we get next to no rain from July through August and I never water the grass. It dies off but comes back with a vengeance as soon as the fall rains come. Unfortunately the weeds around here could give a fuck about drought, they grow year round.

3 Likes

I believe you, because that looks gorgeus. Nice vibes.

2 Likes

That’s kind of you :heart: Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s the weeds that I’m worried about.

I’d say about 50% of the lawn area is pretty much weeds now, by the time I’ve dug them all out it’s going to be a right fucking mess

I’m truly amazed by the lack of trampolines so far

6 Likes

If IG has taught us one thing it is that it‘s all about clever framing.

1 Like

I must ask: where is that?

Also: WHEN is the party? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

2022 and 2021 Views from the front of our 180m2 permaculture garden/allotment.
We started out 3 years ago and we learned so much and now grow our own veg and fruit all year round. Annuals but also a lot of perennial planting. It’s difficult to see what is going on because everything is densely interplanted. We even put a pond in there. We’ve been doing the ‘No dig’ thing. We cut plants back and mulch it back onto the ground which in turn gives ground cover to suppress weeds but provides nutrition for the soil and it’s definitely a reason why our garden explodes every year now. People walking by always say what a pretty flower garden we have but it’s actually full of food. We have a roof terrace where we live and that looks pretty much the same but a lot smaller :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Was this backyard renovation project what made you the miserable git you are today?

5 Likes

Fucking bouncy death traps.

If anything it cheered me up, I used to be a right miserable cunt.

3 Likes

Podarcis muralis?

South-west Germany, somewhere between Frankfurt and the French border.

1 Like

Don’t get me started.

Up there with the least enjoyable ways to spend money? What’s that you need? Don’t tell me, buts it’ll be over 300notes… if yer lucky.

I’ve a new build house so after digging out all the crap left behind by the builder it didn’t make for the best soil. Slowly now I can buy plants without the soil sucking the life out of everything.

Also grass. Fucking grass. Grass is natures way of being a total bastard, stop mocking me… evening sun on it…oh doesn’t that look good! Wake up next day…what’s happened now ffs?! Why have you changed? And when the fuck did those weeds join the party?! Fck it, I’ll see you next summer asshole.

That said, for the price a decent level synth, I did make my bins look abit nicer, bargain.

The Bastard:

6 Likes

What you’re saying, it’s not as blissful as this video would have me believe?

2 Likes

Yesterday.

3 Likes

Not really, but that said, if I had access to industrial (no doubt illegal) strength weed killer like the farmers “rowund earr” do I might have better success…

1 Like