Should I get this or this another gear? (Seeking advice)

Hi there guys!

Since I saw a MD I was in love at it first sight. I’m sure that I really like that instrument as its sounds are just unique imo. I have a Digitakt at home and also love the Octatrack (Elektron victim I guess) so the thing is: Should I buy a non-UW MD and live with Digitakt and/or Octatrack? Or is worth selling my Digitakt and have a MD UW + Octatrack?

Another question to clear this one first would be: Are the MD UW sample mangling capacities any special and unique from the OT? When you load a sample in the MD UW, do you have many different parameters possibilities than in the OT?

This is a tough decision for me, I’d hate to be buying 1.8K € worth equipment and make a mistake. I could always resell but I would love to skip these steps. Would love to get some insights from you guys as I’ve been digging on this forum for some time but didn’t make up my mind.

Thank you, peace!

If you have DT and OT you probably don’t need UW. You get all the standard track effects plus BRR (same as on DT) and retrig. If your aim is to use the MD to produce samples for the DT or OT and/or to be sequenced by it, then I think you do not need the UW. Keep in mind that the sequencer is ancient now and has many limitations. Though it does have slide and per-trig swing.

1 Like