Share your tunes

before you went to bed or after you woke up? :tongue:

1 Like

here’s my latest dub techno track. it’s part of the Organix EP by Eterna, released yesterday on Insectorama.

Check out the full EP on bandcamp, it’s free or pay what you want … insectorama.bandcamp.com/album/organix

Mastered by Wayne @ Obsessed Audio (www.facebook.com/ObsessedAudioMastering/)

4 Likes

im in love with my mini/monologue again :]

2 Likes

Saturday afternoon eurorack session. A lot of bit reduction!

2 Likes

Happy Saturday folks :slight_smile:

Disquiet prompt to use only samples of a vehicle, rain and radio static. Mangled, sequenced and recorded in the Deluge (with a little help from some external FX):

A question: why your soundcloud’s links are horizontal and mine are vertical? I want to be horizontal too :joy::joy:

little ambient tracks :slight_smile:

I don’t use too much souncloud anymore but in my memory we could choose the “style” of embed player :slight_smile:

Just wrapped this up today.

2 Likes

This is a Model:Samples only medley of beats/ideas. I haven’t made any music in about a year. I got a bit depressed being stuck at home and with all the craziness generally in the US over the last year. So, another forum I am a part of does an album writing month sometime after the new year each year. This was my submission I wrote in about 2 days and then recorded just a stereo track, live performance with some post production in my DAW. I tried to channel some of my the negativity from the last year into the vibe here.

It might be loud and bass heavy. Everything was just like Samples from Mars drums and Legowelt sample packs. All sample manipulation just on the M:S.

I think I want to do some edits and add some ear candy in my DAW later to finish it up. Specifically I want to add a vocal sample, speaking the title “Captain, Beats Detected!” in a dramatic fashion (dorky, I know, but I love early to mid 90’s tracks with samples like that)

Also the bass foolishly has a ton of reverb on it so I think I need to tighten that up with some kind of stereo width or M/S tool. I thought things were sparse enough to get away with it.

1 Like

Revision of this track, lessdrums, more riffs.

5 Likes

Here’s my first track done entirely with the Buchla Command, love the drum sounds it’s capable of!

6 Likes

Trying my hand at very deliberate minimalism. I find it very challenging to pair things back to this extent. Happy with how this has turned out though.

5 Likes

Sounds great! Love the reverb and how it works with the bass sound when it’s plucked and when the envelope is snappy.

2 Likes

Can you share some of your technique on creating this track? I love the textures. Mana.

1 Like

Thank you! The process for that EP was to improvise on the digitone as a drone machine. So I basically turned decay all the way up on all four tracks and started adjusting levels on algorithm 1 and adding LFOs and the like. The limited polyphony naturally made some parts cut out when new voices are added and that really guided the composition. I then added some field recordings of the backyard, for additional textures and accents.

2 Likes

Awesome work!!!

1 Like

Weird little thing I whipped up on the Digitone tonight. Had a few minutes before going to sleep. Slow minimal sort of business.

3 Likes