Share your tunes

Improvise live set with modular and rytm.
Additional processing on master bus in Ableton.

3 Likes

Great track

1 Like

Demo track - AR sampled into OctaMk2

1 Like

Solid and pleasant Track! Bravo.

3 Likes

A snippet of some Axoloti generative sounds run thorugh six digital tape loops on the latest version of the Oooooo script on a Monome Norns Shield; so much fun.

2 Likes

some new Panbo trance

1 Like

Been writing under the name mohr during lockdown, and just about finished with an EP.

I made a music video for the last track with footage filmed around Yorkshire:

All based on Digitone and Digitakt, with some Minilogue and Pro2 on top.

4 Likes

Here is a slow and heavy dub with Octatrack, Rytm and a Mackie 1642. Rytm’s DVCO is manipulated by OT fx.

2 Likes

Thanks @Tchu!! :relaxed: :kissing_closed_eyes:

Wow! That’s pretty damn tough!
What role is the RYTM playing exactly? I guess you’ve got it on drum duties and the modular is doing the rest??

Deep, evocative and moving. Looking forward to checking out the EP :wink:
I love movie type soundtrack stuff. Did you multitrack it to computer and mix it there?

1 Like

Really interesting! I want to listen to more stuff like this. What are the six digital tape loops exactly? I love tape and I’m always curious to learn more.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!
It was all recorded live via Overbridge, then just did some tweaking in Garageband afterwards. The idea was to try and do something that could be replicated live as closely as possible.
Hoping that as I get better at using the DT/DN and get more used to my setup I can start to make things a bit more varied.

Thanks ! You are all right, modular + outboard effects

Thanks - glad you find it interesting.

The loops were recorded from generative meanderings on an Axoloti into the oooooo script running on a Monome Norns (in my case, a DIY Shield). The Norns is essentially a small computer running a custom flavour of Linux, with a small monochrome screen, a high-res digital-analogue converter, three buttons, three encoders and the ability to be transformed into whatever the person who writes scripts for it can imagine.

It’s all open source, so my Shield is build on the basis of a standard Raspberry Pi with some DIY addons. No programming knowledge is required to run scripts, though there’s a lot of joy to be had from that, as well as attaching a Grid (which I don’t yet have), though it’s not required by a lot of scripts, including oooooo.

Oooooo lets you record up to six digital tape loops which are represented graphically by revolving circles onscreen whose position and size reflects their length, pitch and pan settings - all of which can be randomised at different points or on command and can also be tweaked by individual LFOs, reversed, sped up and down and so on. It’s a lot of fun and is in continuous development.

I recently got the Erica Synths Bassline desktop unit. It is a very fun little synth, limited in a lot of ways, but with a sound and feel of its own - and I have just released a small EP built around it.

This track in particular am I happy with - starting out in a sort of kraut-ish groove (after 1 minute of spacy synth-whoosh) and then going almost disco around 5-6 minutes in. Beat is the Rytm and whoosh is Peak and Sub37 droning away.

2 Likes

It’s struggle out there.

1 Like

i ran this through soundcloud mastering .
its a bit different but still a bit too much bass drum and highs on the hihats.

made 3 years ago…

5 Likes