Share your custom cases/racks/boxes here!

That A4 top panel looks mighty familiar :wink:

1 Like

It does! But actually not yours :slight_smile:

:+1:

Paging @TRAINTRACS

3 Likes

I’d love to see how the rails move to allow for the shelves to change angles (I assume that’s what’s happening).

Hah, reporting in!

This is probs the best post to reference: I'm building the ultimate portable music box - #47 by TRAINTRACS

And the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp-IZxvErRg

It’s been serving me extremely well! I’m planning a new iteration of it at the moment.

4 Likes

Oh hell yeah. I mean, your box is kind of like the Batmobile of boxes. It’s absolutely amazing.

1 Like

That’s one beautiful stand! Great job!

I will be in my workshop this week, and take some pictures of another stand wich work similary.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thomann/Thon custom case with removable lid. I put several layers of high density foam and cut out the spaces for the machine (leaving additional room at the botton).

6 Likes

Here’s a small travel modular rack I made recently. Soon I will be able to visit my family for the first time since january 2020 and I made this to bring with me.

6 Likes

Modular case with led strip on top and spare room to fit a beatstep pro underneath. Cheap mdf wood. Tried Plastidip spray (for car rims) white on outside and black inside. No groundlayer needed, still flawless after 2 years.

12 Likes

haha thanks mate

It’s the kind of thing I’d love to make at some point, but there’s no way in hell I’m taking apart my Virus C. Hahaha.

I might do the very same setup. That’s perfect!

1 Like

Yeah, cutting up the virus was very anxiety inducing! I originally planned to make a custom faceplate so I could at least just keep hold of the original chassis for it, but after 3 failed lasercutting attempts I just took a dremel to it, and luckily didn’t fuck it up!

Hahha. I did the Analog Four multiout mod and had replaced the amps in an OTMKI with a buddy of mine. I know I COULD do it, but I still refuse to risk it! How much does it weigh? I watched the video of your walkthrough yesterday. So awesome.

2 Likes

That is a sensible move tbh.

It weighs about 9kg. Could be a lot less, but it’s manageable. I’m working on an idea for a new iteration which does away with the octatrack’s heavy metal chassis, and will be using plastic instead of wood for a lot of the custom parts. I also want to add a larger screen as the 7" one is pretty fiddly, as well as some additional I/O etc.

Oooooof. 20lbs! Def. a bit on the heavy side for daily commuting :slight_smile:

Also, to make it lighter, if you can get a CNC/milling machine, you can actually mill out a honeycomb pattern into the parts of the wood that don’t need to have anything directly attached to them. This can cut down on weight will still keeping it plenty strong. Let me know if that makes sense.