Setting up the OT to perform live with

As a live looper with other gear and a Rytm I could play an hour set off one pattern if I really wanted.
We all use this thing differently. With four parts/patterns I can do a lot of stuff and it won’t sound similar, but that’s just the way I have it set up in combination with everything else I do…

1 Like

How many parts/patterns do you need per song?
I highly recommend as your creating to just move to another bank instead of making a new project per song, or use 1/2 a bank, or 2 banks, depending on your needs…

3 Likes

I have been using one project and each song is one bank… i only use the OT in the dark trinity as the clock and start/stop… i then play the analog and rytm together and throw a sample or two on in the OT then manually switch the bank on the rytm and the analog4…

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I currently use just one pattern per song and it works very well - since I’m using the Analog Rytm, Digitone and other synths besides it.

I now have the problem that I created for every song one project and now I want to squeeze them all to one project for a better workflow (sucks to change project after every song…).

I will try, didn’t work yet with the copy/paste function.

(Sorry for bumping into this thread but I wanted to talk more about this …)

For Octatrack you could use the Octaedit software or copy/paste stuff manually when OT is in USB mode (involves some paper work, a detailed descriptions of the process is probaply floating around here in the forum, basically you copy the bank.work and bank.strd files and write down all samples that were used in the parts of the bank*) I guess for the A4/AK and Rytm you can use Sysex to transfer only the stuff you want into a project.
Sysex should also work for Digitone?

*Moving Patterns/Parts/Banks Between Projects?

2 Likes