Setting up MIDI OUT with Analog RYTM MK2?

Hey everyone.

Not to open yet another topic about this, but I’m having issues with these too ; So I prefer not to tire our moderators, I believe it’s less worst to dig up this rich one, that does not mention the TRIGS SETUP yet on the 1.6.A firmware.

My goal is to run the MachineDrum from my ARmkii so I can enjoy 64 conditionnal trigs, samples and keep the PERFS parameters for something else.
I can trigger every MD track, which is mental as I found the AR synth engine a little bit poor, but even though every TRK has send MIDI ticked, even if my SYN, SMP and ENV params are enabled. My AUTO CH is set to 1 to match my MD global parameters.

I believe my midi cables are ok since MD receives the clock and transp. settings sent from the octatrack via the digitone.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t like, the day after I backed the projects up.
I’m buying more MIDI cables anyway as my last issue looked like this a few years ago. Thanks you for helping.

1 Like

So you have OT out->DN in->DN thru->MD in but also have AR out going to MD in (via a merger?)…

nop, DN is master, no merger, only THRU chains, which goes like this :
DN out - OT in,
OT thru - AR in,
AR OUT - MD in

Im testing the configuration progressively adding up my synths in order.
AR does not need to get the CLK and TSP settings sent to MD as I only want her to sing what AR has on its sequencer.

Im testing the AR send MIDI to the DN or the OT after my meeting to determine if MD firmware X.04 would cause that, but I believe it’s a AR issue.

thanks for answering that fast @sjvl Samvalan, have a nice day

Ahhh ok DN master. Ive read many many times on here and experienced it myself that OT is only happy as MASTER (go figure ha!)…

So is AR NOT receiving clock but sending clock or is receiving (from DN via OT thru) and sending its own clock to MD? Im guessing any weird additional clock stuff beyond DN sending could be a prob.

OT was the master but i’m trying different combinations to enjoy the most delicious feaures.

AR is receiving everything from DN with OT’s THRU port, and so does the MD if AR sends them back, but doesn’t need to transfer CLK and transp. messages : I only want the MD to obey AR’s sequencer (including trig conditions on a 64 steps sequencer :slight_smile: )

But as you can tell, I thought DN or OT could be part of the problem, so I’ve tried plugging one single cable from AR to > MD without any more results unfortunately… I also tried more MIDI cables.

Obviously MD receives the everything else, PADs can trigger MD sounds but still no sequencer out :sad:

![IMG_1528|video]

EDIT : AR definitely sends MIDI sequences but MD only receives notes from PADS pressing. I can tell that as I just hooked the cable to the DN’s MIDI input and it`s working the way I want for MD. I believe I have no other choice than to downgrade to the proper firmware. Justin’s GND machines, I will miss you!

So I’ve made the upgrade and as my global parameters were untouched I’ve been able to trigger notes, but still not in a sequenced way… I’m starting to have one of these moments you question yourself with all these gears d:^)

The most painful is to watch MD’s sequencer responding clearly and the AR Pads triggering the right sounds, the clock and I can even catch some CC messages tricking a few unwanted parameters (I can disable CCs outputs from AR)

The sequencer OUT IS working onto the Digitone so there must be something wrong on my MachineDrum or my cursed MIDI cables (they just did the SYX upgrade job perfectly tho)

have you got an MD @sjvl?
Next imma try to set OT or DN MIDI track to see if the MD will accept my sequencing requests.

No MD for me and i think thats a weak link to me helping!

Im still a little unclear whats going on but i got impression you were depending on the auto channel for some of your config. Have you tried locking in AR-MD config to a specific channel?

Also thinking you should just do a new thread in the machinedrum sub?

Of course, and thank you anyway for your time and patience :slight_smile: I was coming to that conclusion at the very moment I just checked these notifications….

Actually I should not have mention DN and OT in this setup as removing them did not help… To be crystal clear, I can trigger every MD track out of AR pads after setting them up, but I cannot play them out of a sequence made on the AR. Everything OK except that very detail.

However, the sequence out works when hooking the MIDI cable to DN. Moderators-wise, it would appear clearer for the viewers of this thread to post a newer one.

Thanks again m8!

1 Like

Hi all, I am new here and a brand new user of AR MK2
I am kinda lost here. I have the Virus TI2 and I wanted to sequence it with the AR’s powerful sequencer.
Now, probably it was already answered, I just can’t find the complete list of settings for both machines. On my Virus, the ‘‘global’’ settings are or should be already set for Aura plugin.
Now, would anybody be so kind to list all the necessary settings on the AR and for the Virus as well?

Thank you all and really sorry to revive this old topic.

Hi everyone,

So the Rytm has MIDI out these days but I’m not sure if it’s got everything I need :cry:

The Rytm has a pattern recorded, and when I press play the synth connected via MIDI does trigger, and if I turn the filter cutoff knob on the filter page, it does seem to be sending out MIDI CC 74. All is good…

… except when I try to record and p-lock any MIDI CC out. I just can’t figure it out. It sends it perfectly live tweaking but not from the sequencer? Tell me it’s actually possible and obvious on how to do this.

Any advice to get MIDI CC out working from the sequencer and not just when I’m doing it manually? I mean come on! if this was the synth engine then filter cutoff would work 100%.

Only the Sequencer data for Note On/Off (NOT, LEN) and VEL parameters are sent over MIDI.

Yet a tonne of parameters can be sent via MIDI, just not during sequencer play?!? Damn… that’s :poop: