Setting up Digitakt with effects on separate track

Sup yall im sure this has been covered but I cannot seem to find it.

Could anyone help me setup Overbridge with Ableton 11 effects separately?

I think the way people do this is use the master track to have the effects from the box and NOT include the 8 audio tracks of the digitakt. And then obviouslt the 8 audio tracks will come in separately with no effects and in the DAW you can mix in the levels with the effects independently. I can’t seem to figure it out is it a certain setting in the MIDI config page in settings on the DT?

Digitakt :

Settings > Audio Routing (disable all Audio Tracks but leave FLTR (Delay) and AMP (Reverb) lit)

Ableton Live :

• Drag the DT plugin on a MIDI Track.
  • Open 9 Audio Tracks (your 8 Audio Tracks + an FX Track).

For the FX Track :

• Audio From : Digitakt
  • Post FX
7 Likes

You want to access the system settings and go to audio routing. There you can mute the individual tracks going to the main out. They will still come in on OB on the individual dry tracks, but any effects you assign on the DT’s sends will still go to the main outs. Then in your DAW you’ll be able to mix levels as you please.

Edit: what @Tchu said

1 Like

holy fuck it worked… dream come true. thank you so much!

I have a follow up question hopefully you can help me Tchu or else il make a separate thread.

I also have a Digitone im trying to figure out how to route it at the same time the same way as the digitakt. Im going to keep experimenting in my DAW but if you get me on a fast track id appreciate it!

1 Like

Same steps as the Digitakt. Make sure you’re in Overbridge mode.

Also, when listening to your Track, mute the Elektron plugins (the MIDI Tracks). Otherwise, it will sum up.

i think iv messed up something with my track chennels in the digitone possibly?

when i set up my MIDI track on abletone iv added the DIGITONE plug in.
i put MIDI from DIGITONE

on my new audio tracks after that its only pulling audio from the DIGITAKT. I feel like im really close but something isnt adding up right

Here’s a Screenshot I did years ago for the Digitakt in Ableton Live :

I forgot to mention that if you’re using the Inputs on the DT, you can have an Audio Track for them.

wow seriously cannot thank you enough! this is going to change the game for me!!!

im hyped!!!

1 Like

Just for anyone who is caught up on the same step as I was.

This is a screen shot of what I was doing before following Tchu’s screen shot.

Have a question related to FX routing.

Lets say I have a tune on the DT and one sound is using the reverb, one is using the Delay and one is using the chorus. I believe those are all the send FX and only the distortions/bitcrushers and filters are per track.

Can you print the audio with the Effects on the individual instrument track or do the send FX only print in the separate channel 9 stereo out regardless how you set up the routing in the DT? I am guessing that is the case, but I was curious and I don’t have the DT here yet.

What I am thinking is that channel 9 will print any sound sent to it plus the FX if you designate it that way. So I could pick one track to print with the FX on it or I could route all 8 separate and the ch9 will be the send FX all recorded in one take.

Is this correct? I should know this by now but I just wanted to clarify it.