Setting up Blofeld to use with Digitakt

I’m trying to sequence a blofeld with the Digitakt but only seem to be getting one sound out of it.

How do I get different sounds on the different channels?

I have tried changing the MIDI channel on each track as well as the bank and program but seem to be getting the same sound on any channel regardless of its settings.

Any help would be just great

Check what the Auto Channel is set to (and maybe turn it off completely) in the midi config pages.
Then also check in the SRC page for each track that you have also assigned the midi channel to the same thing there.

Do you have the Blofeld in multi mode?

2 Likes

That was it. Thank you

How do I assign destinations to the VAL1 VAL2 VAL3 in the FLTR page?

You need to get the CC values for the Blofeld:

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/4/14fe3d42c733b7a0e1bbc52cc6e6e2bae6410157.pdf

Then you can set the destinations in the AMP page (ignore the names it give you) and adjust values on the filter page

1 Like

Make sure you OBSESSIVELY save the multi on the Blofeld. You can really easily lose all the sounds in the multi patch if you don’t. I learned that the hard way!!

2 Likes

Great advice.
I’ll also add that you should use a prefix in your patch names so that you know they are being used in an existing multi. This will prevent accidentally using them changing them in another multi, and then wondering why they sound so different if you go back to another tune you were working on.

A4/Nord Lead’s multi systems avoid this pitfall quite well by making copies of the patches from the drive and giving you a destructible version to edit within the kit.
The original sounds don’t get altered that way.
I wish Waldorf would adopt this but it’s missing on even their most expensive offerings.

1 Like

Great advice. I had not considered that, only had the Blofeld a few weeks. So haven’t got too many multis yet.
File structure / saving on the Blofeld is straight up awful. I really dont understand why it should have to be that way!

1 Like

How do you actually go about saving? I’ve been stuck on this

I go about it by using the find function in the free manual:

Try the word “store” when searching, which is what Waldorf uses in place of “save”.

5 Likes
1 Like

I can’t seem to get my midi tracks to mute. I press mute on their trigs but the sounds continue to play after. Found this weird and wondering if you guys know how to deal with that.

Can’t perform and bring them in a mix if they refuse to be muted.

I made a video to show you how quick and easy it is to get answers by using the search function of our community.

Watch to the end to get a result that gives clarity about the function in your specific problem (EXT MIDI mute), made in a post in August.

We have an abundance of resources here. People put a lot of time into solving problems.
I recommend you make the most out of what others have invested in this community, as it is often so incredibly helpful when you need to solve a problem.

3 Likes