Setting Scales in Chromatic Mode

I’m pretty sure you can’t do this but is there a way to select different scales when in chromatic mode? Perhaps a future update :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean ?
There are 13 notes, so one whole octave.
You can shift the root note by setting the tune parameter accordingly.

Yeah I was hoping for the scale mode like they have on the monomachine or ableton push where I can just select D Minor and then only those keys light up so no matter what you play you are always in the right key. I know, I’m lazy.

Also it would be nice if you could parameter lock individual notes by pushing a key on a midi keyboard. You can play every sample chromatically with a midi keyboard live which is cool but I don’t believe you can input individual notes with a keyboard like you can on the monomachine in grid recording mode. Let me know if I’m wrong still learning!

iirc these aspects were some of the things which didn’t always initially work 100% as expected for similar activities … but are you sure you are using the (if even applicable anyway) auto channel … often whilst an external device can play the sounds, it won’t be recorded (for other elektrons) … no DT here btw

yep definitely using auto channel. Its not that big a deal its actually more fun playing the notes in while its recording. This thing is dope I really like the way its manipulating vocal samples. Sound is great too and great for coming up with ideas very quickly.

Just played some acid bass line with waveforms…
I just loooove to play it as a mono synth, much fun !

3 Likes

Is it much better than OT for that ?
Filters and overdrive seem better in DT.
An acid bassline demo with DT would be interesting !

1 Like

You would need to know the pitch/root note of the original sample to do this, right? It would be awesome if they could work in a built in tuner to tune samples. That would make for some really interesting melodic stuff.

1 Like

There are a few waveforms in the factory sample.
2 are named acid, and other such as deep or dine are pretty powerful for subs.
I’ll see when I can come up with a video :slight_smile:
Most likely some audio before !

3 Likes