Setting a +-12 on pitchbend of a sound

Sorry Guys I didn’t remember how to set the ± notes on pitchbend (for example if I want to set on track 4 sound a ±12 pitch on pitchbend)…

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

There are sounds settings for PitchBend Velocity Breath and After touch

All accessible via Sound Settings
A quick way there is to Fn + One of the 5 sound pages - i.e. Fn+OSC1
Scroll down to PitchBend Mod and you’ll have five slots to attribute per sound

If you want to do fancy modulations that is …

Otherwise set a value of 12 for the Bend Parameter, possibly on Page 2 of Osc 2 … access by double tapping OSC2 to get to Osc general parameters

3 Likes

If I want to set +/-12 for both oscillators I need to make this in the pitchbend menu. How can I setup this?
Pitchbend knob +1 and target +12?
Is that right?

Thank you

The second page under OSC2 is for both oscillators, set the pitch bend range for both there.

If you want to get funky then do custom settings in the deeper sound settings pitch bend macro menu where you can choose 5 parameters and depths etc

The difference is, that the five macros for pitch bend only work for incoming midi pitch bend messages, while Bnd (pitch bend depth) and Sli (note slide time) and on the second page of OSC2 affect all notes, sequenced, played on the (mini)keyboard or over midi.

Btw, If you want to set the same pitch bend amount for both OSCs, you can use the OSCX (or how it‘s called) parameter in one single pitch bend macro slot.

1 Like

Yes, it’s for incoming pitch bend messages. So if I want to have it for both osc ±12 I need to setup in the pb menu pb +1 and oscx +12 is that right?

Pb+1?

Just set Oscx to +12. There is pitch bend set by default, so if you clear a sound, it will have pitchbend already set up. IIRC it‘s not +/- 12 semi tones, though, I think the default is 7. Just change whatever value it has set to 12.

Pb the very left encoder in the pb menu. But now things are clear. I don’t need to adjust this encoder. Only oscx to +12 is fine.

Thank you both for your help

Yeah, that‘s just so you can test macros without having to actually use pitchbend, mod wheel, aftertouch or velocity. Just turn the knob and dial in your macros. The little knob graphics also display incoming midi, so you can observe your range and make adjustments to the macros accordingly. Very helpful.
Although I think there is still a bug with the knob graphics - it does not display incoming pitch bend.

Btw, don‘t forget you can have your macros unipolar (0-127) or bipolar (-63 - +64). Press one the five macro knobs to change from unipolar to bipolar.

I can see fe. Aftertouch in the graphic but not pb, somehow. But now I am fine with that. For me 2 knobs (pb + oscx) was so confusing. Now things are clear.

Thx

1 Like