SERIOUS: Do you like jazz?

oh I forgot all about that maybe so lemme see… nope apparently it’s not set up that way… don’t know why your message didn’t go through

1 Like

@selfup Ben Webster has some great stuff and wow nice duo! I was lucky enough to stumble on a great ebay seller’s pristine Verve collection a while back and one record was called Ben Webster and Associates. It’s just great straight jazz. Wound up giving a lot of those records to my uncle in exchange for other records (keeping OG p2p alive :older_man:), but that specific record I kept!

@captain8 it says that your account is hidden??? Did you find a new hack, lay it on us!

1 Like

For hidden profiles where you can’t just send a DM from clicking on their name:

https://www.elektronauts.com/u/aarb420/messages

(don’t worry I can’t see yours, it’s just a plug and play with username before /messages)

Click “New Message”

and then this should appear

After that select username and voila!

1 Like

no special hack, went through… hey on a side note do you guys know how to change your handle on here, I’ve been thinking about changing mine to match other forums I’m on for a while now?

@captain8 don’t think that your request is possible my good dude, but you can maybe ask a mod?

My cousin had created a bunch of handles last year because he wasn’t able to decide in the moment on a username to pick (he got some really good ones surprisingly lol), and was IP banned shortly after for life lmao, but the mods were understanding and let him keep one username. We had early conspiracies that it was because the usernames were so fresh :wink: The mods did it for good reason though, and that’s how they are able to control any potential marketplace malpractice on that section of this forum.

1 Like
1 Like

@mr_bernard nice voyage you two put together! The sound you produce sounds bigger than two people and that’s really neat. Not to sound rude, but I’d recommend editing your link because the video didn’t show up, and so others can watch, too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The one and only

2 Likes

@captain8 Those are awesome :rofl: Louis Jordan was recommended to me from an older customer from New York who used to always tell me to play this song whenever he’d come in! Didn’t know he played sax!

1 Like

I came here to post an Athletic Progression track - good to see they are already here. They are really incredible and they deserve another video/track in this thread. So talented. I hope they will start playing live again.

2 Likes

And of course Mulatu Astatke

5 Likes

I don’t like jazz by itself. But jazz mixed with other genres is the best thing happened with music.

2 Likes

Got to meet a legend last night! My cousin got us tickets to go see Al Di Meola with a quick meet and greet that I stammered trying to think of clever questions to ask while being a total dork :rofl: This was the first time I’ve ever witnessed any connection to one of, if not my all time favorite jazz groups, Return to Forever. After Chick Corea’s passing, losing Wayne Shorter earlier this year, and after seeing Al Di Meola live, I’m going to make it a point to get out more and go see these legends while they’re still able to perform!

Vid is a little shaky, so I apologize for the quality, but two double jack and cokes managed to find their way into in the system without eating all day. It was a fun time! :innocent:

I didn’t catch the drummers name but the dude was incredible, too, everyone was in the pocket that evening!

https://streamable.com/d7fb4s

5 Likes

Something from Finland

When I listen to jazz, I most often listen to Miles Davis (esp. Kind of Blue), Duke Ellington, Modern Jazz Quartet, Mulatu Astatke, John Coltrane, Fats Waller, Grant Green…

3 Likes

Listen to loads of jazz and the word is a bit nonsensical when it starts widening into stuff like this (kinda wish Rahsaan Roland Kirk got his way and it was called Black Classical Music sometimes) but a note that Peter Brötzmann has died. Someone I’m sure some of you noiser people appreciate or would appreciate.

1 Like

No

3 Likes

I was introduced to Brotzman and Sonny Sharrock (?) as a young man working in a record store in DC…RIP

2 Likes

For real

2 Likes

This is a really nice curated selection of jazz records. It’s the first compilation of 3 cd’s from Jules Deelder (RIP) . He was the face of the nightlife in Rotterdam-Netherlands for a long time. Couldn’t live sober and was on Amfetamine for the most part of his live and very open and content of this habbits and way of self medicating . He breathed jazz and was a walking and talking jazz wikepedia. I didn’t liked jazz but his compilations made me appreciate the genre. The cd compilations are named:

1 Like

Hate Jazz, always have, avoid it when I’m in the vicinity, which outside of the U.S. is pretty easy as it’s commercially practically non-exsistant. Now if it’s your own thing, then good for you, it’s not mine and never has been.