SERIOUS: Do you like jazz?

1 Like

The version on Flood is in my permanent spankbank.

1 Like

I like (understatement) jazz because it encourages dismantling well-known structures and rebuilding them however you damn well please (one of many, many reasons).

I think modular could do well taking a lot of notes from jazz. People would have to learn their scales, however. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Frippe Nordström vinylbox comp of holy grails of privatepressed megarare freejazz compiled by Mats Gustafsson. Pioneer of total freedom by saxophone.

1 Like

Yeah, I do. One of my best friends during school played trumpet as his main instrument, but he could also play the piano. He played in a trio with his mom and dad, they had quite frequent gigs at bars/clubs, hotels etc. He later went to NYC, but lost contact with him then.

We went every wednesday to the jam session at a very popular jazz club in our city for a few years, free entry for musicians.
At that time I was listening to lots of Psytrance, Goa and other psychedelic stuff, but I just loved vibing to those jams. It was quite psychedelic actually^^

1 Like
7 Likes
1 Like

I love jazz

3 Likes

This is just what I was looking for tonight.

1 Like

Tord Gustavsen trio last night. Some of the most beautiful music I’ve seen live in years.

1 Like

I was there too!

4 Likes

Beauty mate! Enjoy the concert?

Very much so! Saw Bill Frisell the night before. It’s been a good weekend!

2 Likes

That is indeed a great weekend. I caught Frisell in Seattle last April. Who was he playing with on the weekend?

1 Like

Started watching Ken Burns Jazz and it’s pretty good so far.

If you scrape away this nation’s infighting, greed, and shortsightedness you can see the beauty of humanity embracing itself and the fruits of that embrace. That’s what I love about Jazz.

1 Like

That’s so neat and what a small world it is where two nauts meet in the same jazz setting unintentionally! :beers: The universe has spoken. You two have to make an album now… it’s destiny!

1 Like

Bill Frisell FOUR and Ambrose Akinmusire Quartet

DOUBLE BILL - Bill Frisell FOUR featuring Gregory Tardy, Gerald Clayton & Rudy Royston + Ambrose Akinmusire Quartet featuring Sam Harris, Linda Oh, Tim Angulo

2 Likes
2 Likes

Angel Bat Dawid (International Anthem) and Natural Information Society (Eremite) pre-orders up in this past few days :metal:

2 Likes

Rest in Peace Carlos

2 Likes