SERIOUS: Do you like jazz?

I accept most music genres for regular listening but Jazz and R&B are those that I dislike most. There might be exceptions but this holds true almost always.

1 Like

I’m serious, I like jazz.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thundercat.

2 Likes

I’d like to introduce you lovely folk to some of the “lesser known” works of one of my people. At that time, he reminded me of an Armenian version of Bill Evans, but as he grew older his sounds got more into smooth jazz territory, for what it’s worth.

There is a super hard bebop jazzy song that starts @ 6:04.

This style is very neat for me to see take place at a time when Armenia was under strict USSR rule. This is heavily western influenced, so it feels like a taboo set for that era. It’s also nothing at all like traditional Armenian music, which is usually dominated by either the same regurgitated folk-style or cheesy, love-oriented pop.

1 Like

Bitches Brew was mostly a remix / mashup edited by splicing tape in the studio https://youtu.be/__6UOzvRmEE

3 Likes

Ah man that is a dope share :beers:

Chick Corea ruined his rhodes lmao
Didn’t know Chick was on bitches brew! :exploding_head:

I just heard on the radio today that Pharoah Sanders recently passed away, on September 24, 2022. RIP. Here’s something classy to remember him by as he travels to his next destination.

3 Likes

These 2 LPs are incredible!!!

2 Likes

:beers:

those were some serious voyages

1 Like

Not sure where everyone is from, but where I am there is a radio station based in Long Beach, CA broadcasting out of CSULB that has a great program every Thursday night (tonight for example) from 10pm-12am that focuses on jazz samples used in hip hop. If memory serves correct, they play a song that used the samples (mostly hip hop based), then they play the songs that they were sampled from. It’s a nice “late night” jazz program every Thursday night.

Here is link to the most recent archived episodes:
https://kkjz.org/mobile/programming/archivedPrograms/listen/?id=2

They have a new program coming up in about a half an hour if anyone wants to tune in

2 Likes

Corea, Patitucci, Weckl waking me up in the morning today…

1 Like
2 Likes

Seriously? No.

Happy Friday y’all.

2 Likes
2 Likes

what you gone do without your ass

5 Likes

I love this song it’s so simple but fresh at the same time. Kinda upset you posted it because I wanted to have this as an ace in the sleeve for a future sample challenge :innocent:

If you push that button your a gotta go

It’s funny I tried to put my uncle on to Sun Ra and he liked it temporarily then wound up giving me all of his records because he didn’t like his sounds anymore lmao. Have to stop recommending artists based on their sample-ability.

1 Like

Holy moly! Incredible. :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Ravi Coltrane, playing music by his dad and mum. Just finished, at the Barbican in London. Amazing. A real treat.

6 Likes