SERIOUS: Do You Like 80's Artists?

13 Likes

i quite like orbital - chime … that was released in the 80’s.

and stakker humanoid … another late 80’s track.

voodoo ray - a guy called gerald.

strings of life - derrick may.

5 Likes

much much better version of ‘same old madness’

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

The sax solo on this….

The Cure again.

Alphaville again.

Desireless.

Punky

And

1 Like

Cocteau Twins

11 Likes

The 80s are much maligned, probably for how they ended, however there are lots of unavoidably 80s tracks which still resonate

Can’t imagine getting through the 80s(and beyond) without this album’s ‘therapy’

2 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Been on a ZTT trip recently and Trevor Horn’s production so have to post what is probably the pinnacle of 80s-ness:

P.S. Never thought I’d see Phil Collins in an Elektronaughts thread, but these are strange times we live in.

4 Likes

Much from ZTT is peak 80s imho

4 Likes
7 Likes

Yes, dude! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Trouble Funk were a huge influence on nascent house music. Maybe one of the first bands to play a full gig without pause, like a dj set, to keep the crowd moving from start to finish.

3 Likes

I love so much from the 80’s - I went through my teens then and my folks were always open minded about music so it was a case of almost anything goes on the record /tape player or radio but personally a couple of my top favorites are the first Human League albums, Reproduction (79) and then Travelogue (80). I heard them for the first time a couple of years later after they were released. I bought them on tape from a Woolworth’s store and wore them out on my walkman. Still today I find them alien and mind blowing for multiple reasons.
2 of my faves from 1980 >

1 Like

One of the most underrated of albums (not so in Glasgow) and timelessly 80s in a good way …

5 Likes

Juan Atkins aka Model 500…1985 and still sounding fresh!
Future is my all-time favourite electro-classic.

8 Likes

Gotta have this wonderful act on here too …

9 Likes

One of my all time favourite 80s LPs

5 Likes