Sequential resumes Prophet-5

lol, don’t do it

okay so who has found the best place and price for the P5 stateside?

Yeh nah, mono is fine. Just in regards to being able to have a separate fx for each voice in the new split mode.

1 Like

it sounds beautiful , but after the buy out who’s to say the rev 5 won’t be stereo and fully multitimbral…

stacks and unison are key sound design elements that take the synth into monster synth, worth the $3-4k pricetag territory. i’m glad 5 users can upgrade to experience this because when you’re already paying that much, trust me, you deserve these features

unlikely. for one, t’s not really a “buy out” in the sense that Focusrite group now runs them. they’re just the owners. it’s still Dave in the driver’s seat. I doubt he’d suddenly go “hey you know that flagship synth people asked us to do for two decades that we finally released…? yeah, let’s gut it and make something new out of it!”

it’s mono and it’ll stay mono, because that’s how the original was. they likely envisioned making it bi-timbral from the beginning (and indeed, alluded to as much in forum posts) but needed some time to work on the firmware. meanwhile they’re raking in the dough from sales based on the original specs.

my point is: if you like it, don’t wait for something slightly different to come along. buy one and enjoy it. limitations and all.

2 Likes

This is the Rev5- Sequential

1 Like

The original Prophet 10 did provide a separate output for each of the two layers I think

you’re correct! an upper and lower output, and then one mono output (for both).

why they didn’t do this for the Rev4 then, I don’t know. to simplify the hardware and make expanding the voices a possibility?

oh, I’m not waiting for it :grin:

but if they put a rev5 like that out I wouldn’t consider it a gutting, I’d love it…

ok so you good folks with the p5 keyboard, are all the sn numbers in 4 digits, for example if the number is 200, would it look like 0200 on the unit?

My P10 is 0XXX

1 Like

ok thanks

so fresh and so clean

2 Likes

Checked out his YT channel. Killer player! His other synth impros are on another level compared to most other synth jam vids

1 Like

funny question, did you guys prophet 5 or 10 come with a protective peal-able plastic on the group/bank/prgm screen?

No. I was one of the first batches though

2 Likes

what do you guys recommend for using the prophet 5/10 in conjunction with stereo pedals, not pedal recs but just issue wise being that it’s mono out?

currently checking out this clip for insights

basically I’m asking how are you patching if by inserts, or if in this situation are you going the send route via a mixer/stereo pedal etc…
are there any issues with going mono to stereo pedals?

Many stereo pedals will accept mono on the L and spit stereo L/R.

4 Likes

hmm ok will check that

1 Like