Sequence CS15?

Is it possible to sequence a Yamaha CS15 using the A4s CV control? :confused:

Kind regards,
Technically retarded person.

It looks like a YES answer

Looks like itā€™s all set, but Yamaha tends to us Hertz/Octave instead of Volt/Octave.

BTW just in case you dont have it, manual is online here (has set up instructions):
https://archive.org/details/synthmanual-yamaha-cs-15-owners-manual

I see that thereā€™s an in for VCO 1 and then another one for VCO 2. Does that mean that I can only sequence one of the oscillators and not both of them at the same time? Like, if I have a patch with two oscillators and the other one is detuned for a nice, fat sound, what I will hear from sequencing from the A4 is only one oscillator, meaning the patch is destroyed?

Hmhā€¦!

I would expect there is a setting in the synth (check the manual) - but if not use a headphone splitter to duplicate the cv signal.

Are you able (and will the CS15 do this), to ā€˜syncā€™ osc 2 on the Yamaha to osc 1? If so, then the A4 triggering Yamaha should by triggering osc 1 on Yamaha, since itā€™s syncā€™d or ā€˜slavedā€™ (again, if the CS15 lets you), then your detuned osc 1/2 should be heard when A4 Trigs it. As someone mentioned, the early Korg/Roland/Yamaha analogs used the Hz/Oct and S-Trigā€¦it all gets weird with Gate In/Outā€¦so experiment. The Yamaha manual will definitely be more informative than the A4 manual is on this topic, and then thereā€™s been a recent update I have not done yet concerning ALL the config of CV.
Back to the monsterā€¦finally am digging A4 but since I use all hardware keys and rack modules and record audio into DAW, I have great anticipation for overbridge.

Use a Y cable from CV A/B and configure both CVA and CVB to to type pitch. I havenā€™t tried this myself, but it seems logical (I knowā€¦).

From the CS15 Manual, Pg 8.-ā€œTuning of VCO 1 must be made at the VCO 1 Output. The Pitch OF VCO 2 is changed by Detune.ā€
Pg. 20 of CS15 Manual -ā€œUse of TWO SYSTEMSā€ā€¦that and whatever it takes to match that on the A4, all set with some experimenting.

Hi Dawid,

Iā€™d be interested to know if you succeeded, as I should be receiving a CS30 soon. And it should also have some mods for CV input of the VCFs, so I would like to do something similar with my A4.

Of course the CS30 has itā€™s own sequencer but I dont think it has p-locks :smiley:

Iā€™m planning to buy the synth when I go to Tokyo this summer. So it will be some time, unfortunately!

Thank you all for your replies! Really helpful.

fwiw, it works with the cs15ā€™s little brother : the CS10.

Hi!! Iā€™m having some issues to connect Analog Keys to Yamaha Cs15 via CV. I have 2 Y cables, from each Cv output to trigger/cv input from the Yamahaā€¦Iā€™ve set it up to Hz/V but stil canā€™t trigger both oscillators from Yamaha. And I also can listen to AK oscilattor itselfā€¦have you got experience with this equipment (or similar, like MS20), connecting them successfully? Am i missing something in the set up?
Thanks!!

Did you set a trig?

also discussed here ā€¦

use the search ! :thup:

Iā€™m not sure what do you mean by setting a trig, for sure Iā€™m missing some informationā€¦I went to CV configuration pages, set polarity, hz/v, etcā€¦played keys on AK and also tried by entering trigā€¦does it answer your question?

@avantronica Iā€™ve used the search, but the results didnā€™t help me to solve my issues, still cannot connect them and make them work successfuly

thatā€™s no reason to create an extra thread though, keep it tidy - youā€™ll actually be bumping the target audience you seek if you develop an existing thread as per the guidelines

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

Ok, It wasnā€™t my intention to make it untidy, my apologies.
Besides that, do you know what I am missing configuring the AK? Why do I hear AK oscillator when CV track is selected? Cable Y 1 has to be connected/set up to Trig1/CV1 or it can be Cable 1 Trig1/Trig 2 and Cable 2 CV1/CV2? Thanks!

@Dawidā€¦I know itā€™s been a long time since you posted this butā€¦ were you able to set it up successfully? If so, would you mind telling me how you set it up? configurations, etc? Thanks!