Sending program changes to external gear from Rytm

I am attempting to recreate my songs with external hardware.
Setup is:
My recently acquired analog Rytm (As master clock and transport start/stop)
Keystep pro (As master sequencer)
Subsequent 37
OB6
Prophet REV2

The keystep pro will allow me to create polyphonic sequence chains for the three synths that match the beats in the rytm.
However, It will not send program changes to change presets.

I was hoping the Rytm might be able to send these program changes am not seeing a way to do this in the manual or any tutorials.
I’m new to the Rytm and have not memorized every single page of the manual yet so maybe I’m overlooking something?
Can someone point me to a page giving instructions on how to do this?
Thank you so much!

the rytm can send program changes only when switching the patterns. pattern 1 sends pc message 1 (or zero) and pattern 14 sends pc message 14 and so on… you can not assign other pc messages to patterns…

you can activate it in the midi menu

Shoot. Well that’s too bad. It seems like a reasonable thing to want to do and I cannot find a way to do it with any hardware sequencer I’ve tried.
I figured with elektron’s extensive capabilities, it might have been Something it could be capable of.
Back to the drawing board.

ot, dt and dn can do it!

maybe you can work with it and program your synth presets to match the fixed pattern of program change messages? I mean like having the right presets on the synths for rytm pattern 1 on bank one, program number 1…

does the keystep pro really dont send/receive program change messages when switching patterns or scenes or something? just searched in the manual and could not find anything…

maybe contact arturia support? or check with a midi monitor?

does the keystep pro really dont send/receive program change messages when switching patterns or scenes or something? just searched in the manual and could not find anything…

Blockquote

Yeah, I dug into it extensively and asked about it. The keystep pro will receive PC messages but not send them.
Apparently it’s really uncommon in current sequencers :-1: