Sending MIDI from Ableton through Digitakt

Hello guys,

Just recently acquired a Digitakt to put at the center of all my instruments. Meaning I what to control my other synths from the MIDI output of the Digitakt.
I got myself a MIDI Thru box to split my Digitakt’s MIDI output to all my synths inputs.
It’s working very fine on its own.

I now tried to send MIDI from Ableton with the Digitakt connected via USB using External Instrument in the DAW to choose the MIDI channel of my synths.
I can make it work with one MIDI signal sent but as soon as I try activating an other External Instrument to play another synth simultaneously, the Digitakt freezes and it stops responding to anything.
I need to reboot it.

I tried so many options in Digitakt’s MIDI settings and in Ableton MIDI settings but I can’t figure it out.

As anyone encounter this problem before ?
Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any help you could give me

I’ve had digitakt freeze from MIDI overload before, when I’ve accidentally routed thru info and caused feedback loops. Are any of your synths sending midi back into the computer or DT?

1 Like

I’ve noticed this problem, at first some of my synths were also connected via USB to Ableton.
I unplugged them so they’ll only received MIDI from Digitakt.
The DT doesn’t have MIDI in cable plugged

Maybe check each MIDI track in ableton isn’t also receiving DT MIDI as an input too. If it’s set to “All In” with input monitoring before sending via ext instrument it may cause feedback.

Is your thru box connected via USB?

1 Like

You were right, it came from the “All In” at the input of the MIDI track in Ableton.

No my thru box is not USB :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your help ! :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice one! I had similar issues recently trying to use a midi merge box that ended up taking in everything via USB from an all in ableton track :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: I’ve been lurking ages but only just started posting

Thank you and glade you answered me, you found the solution right away :smiley: