Sending a synth fully insured and tracked from UK to EU?

Hi

Any UK users know the best place to get shipping (Spain and Denmark specifically). Can you get fully insured for a OP-1 valued at £850? I know some places won’t insure musical instruments fully but no idea what they would class a synth as?

Thanks!

I’m pretty sure even Royal Mail offer insured airmail/shipping. I can’t totally confirm because I’ve not lived there in years, but I remember them always asking me at the counter and cheap-ass me always refusing. Plus, OP-1 should be much easier than some massive 61-key synth. If not, try DHL etc etc

1 Like

I had a guy in Valencia, Spain, contact me yesterday for my Evolver desktop. I checked with DPD and can send there, fully insured, for just under £50. (£500 of cover)

We are using PP for the payment, the only issue is that the delivery address (Valencia - home) is not the same as his registered PP address. (Netherlands - work)
He says because of C19 he is back home and after checking out his FB page etc I feel okay with it.
A bit of a risk but fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

I usually go to parcel2go and Royal Mail, compare and decide…

Has anybody used https://www.parcelhero.com?

I’ve been looking at them for sending big, heavy stuff from Portugal to the UK, but no first-hand experience.

thanks guys

Just re checked Royal Mail and they will only insure up to £250, so they’re out.

Will update here incase it helps anyone else…

2 Likes

Hope it isn’t the same guy who sent me something faulty with 2 missing upgrade cards from Camden, London while appearing to live there, but lived in Valencia. Took about 2-3 weeks to sort out and thankfully Reverb stepped in and partially refunded me.

Just seems an odd similarity. A tale of two cities.

1 Like

Parcelforce will work.

Thanks. Just crazy price of £66 :grimacing:

To be honest, I’d just prefer to post to UK only…

They were a good site to get a quote from as you could add the value in at the start. Not used them before though

I always use DPD, not the cheapest, but maybe the best for both parties.

2 Likes

Yes, I think they look good on paper. Just a middleman logistics company, but they’re offering better rates than the big companies do for large items. Plus: door to door service and a Radio 4 endorsement (this got me). I guess you have more options for OP-1-sized stuff.

Would be interested to hear some feedback before spending a fortune and trusting them with an electric piano, but it’s not urgent or anything. Will report back if I do use them. I might be selling a few awkwardly big and heavy things over the next few months.

Yes correct. Royal Mail / Parcel Force is an option. I think they offer up to £500 in standard. Not sure above that. May be better to use dhl

I use Interparcel.com. You enter all the details and it gives you a list of couriers so you get to choose the most suitable option. Insurance can be increased, also signature options etc.

4 Likes