Send FX on individual outputs?

Hello everybody,

I see on the general architecture of the AR that the delay & reverb are AFTER the individual outputs. Does it mean there is no way to send the FX on the individual outputs and hear the sounds we have created WITH their effects? Seems strange… I’ve read the manual about track routing but I could not find my answer - I must have skipped something.

Thank you for any help !

1 Like

Didnt check the manual… this is more from memory:

but yeah… the outputs of the voices, do not cary mfx… those are only to be found on the main-outputs (along with everything else)

Same goes for machinedrum… my mc909… and a few other of my machines…

I could be wrong… but i would be suprised…

I wonder if it’s anything like the Tempest, where if you connect the individual voice outs they don’t appear in the main L/R outs?

Here’s a question: if you connect all the individual outs, do you only hear the wet FX on the main stereo out? Or does it have the whole beat still?

The effects are not available on the individual outs.

The voice routing is available either as global or on a kit to kit basis. The individual outs always play their respective voice but via the routing page you can choose whether it also feeds the stereo buss and or the stereo effects.

It’s not like the Tempest in that respect. It’s much more flexible.

Oh awesome - so if you wanted to:

• record the stereo effects through the main L/R
  • record the individual outs dry
    You’d turn off voice routing to the stereo bus, and turn on the voice routing to stereo effects?
1 Like

Exactly! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your replies, this forum is a great help !

Sending the FX on the main out is a good idea. Even if we loose the possibility to mix the effects separatly, it is better than loosing the effects.

I’ve tried it, il works well :+1:

Hello,

My intention is to separate my AR tracks on different channels of my Allen&Heat QU-16 while not losing the master FX.

Is this in any way possible? I suppose not via the individual outputs of the AR then but maybe with Overbridge / Ableton?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Overdrive yes, distortion no. (Refer to diagram in manual, pg. 6)

Overdrive yes, distortion no. (Refer to diagram in manual, pg. 6)[quote=“ELEKTRONAUT_23, post:8, topic:6174”]
My intention is to separate my AR tracks on different channels of my Allen&Heat QU-16 while not losing the master FX.
[/quote]

Route no voices to main (Refer to manual, pg. 21)

1 Like

edited

hello guys,

sorry to ask again but…

there is no way of recording the individual outputs with fx ??
OR even record one output with Only FX ?

so why using fx when you cant record them ? ( when using as production tool, not live )
Im the only one whos frustrated about this ?

1 Like

You can mute all but one track so that the individual track sound comes from the individual output and the effects sound comes from the main outputs.

The idea is that you can use the AR as a standalone device with nice effects or, if you have a good studio, you can record the individual tracks through a mixer or DAW and put any external effect you like on each track.

4 Likes

This is because the effects are send effects, not inserts, i.e. you “send” your tracks to an fx buss, which “receives” the sum of sends from all the tracks. This is a different architecture from OT, for example, where you have separate fx per track.

1 Like

I guess that’s not good
I was trying to record a complicated live session in multitrack, but without the effects in the individual outputs everything becomes needless.
And to think that after so many years it was the first time I would really need it.

The quality of having individuals output is totally lost for me.