Selling guitar effects pedals: advice, please!

Hi all. I’ve got a whole bunch (about 20) effects pedals which aren’t getting used right now so I figure I should move them on to a good home, declutter my house, and save up for some new gear in the future. Nearly all boutique-type stuff (EQD, Strymon, OBNE) plus some pretty rare stuff from Montreal Assembly and Cooper FX.

I used to do this through a group on Facebook but since canning my account I don’t know where’s good to list gear. I’m loathed to use eBay for anything because fees. Is Reverb worth a shot? How about the forum on here?

You’ll find pedal hounds on this site for sure. Post without worry - the GAS is strong with these ones.

1 Like

Thanks, @papertiger - I’m going to get a bunch photographed, priced, and listed in the next couple of weeks.

I trade pedals through reverb and thegearpage

Honestly the gearpage is the easiest place to sell. Bunch a gas fiends over there (not like us) but you have to pay to post an ad

I’ve only bought through Reverb, never offered anything there, but I think it’s a good place for boutique stuff. Don’t know about fees though. You could also try the emporium on The Gear Page. Lots of pedal nerds on there.

Why are you making this difficult on yourself? Just give them to me! I’ll treat them right and tell them stories every night before bedtime.

1 Like