Seinfeld talk

Aside from the bass sounds what are your favorite Seinfeld moments?

I saw the real Kramer once or twice years ago at this bar restaurant here called JG Melon (that has a great burger) lurchin’ around the bar, apparently he’s was a regular there. He looked as zany as the TV Kramer but a bit weirder like the guy who auditions to be Kramer in that one Seinfeld episode about Seinfeld.

9 Likes

Was this before or after the “incident”?

3 Likes

Doesn’t he operate a tour bus or something in New York?

2 Likes

http://www.kennykramer.com/kramerbio.html

4 Likes

After but this was the guy Kramer is based on not the actor who went off the rails in a truly unfortunate way.

I believe he did around the time the show was still running not sure if he does now. I think I had a friend who actually went on it, will have to ask him.

3 Likes
  • Larry David in a cape
  • Hellooooo !
  • Believe it or not…
  • Noisy trousers
  • Elaine dancing
  • Master of my domain
13 Likes

Larry David was on the show? I only remember George’s dad’s divorce lawyer in a cape.

Oh yes I agree about the noisy trousers. I had some huge argument once with someone as I was wrongly adamant that the pants were corduroy.

1 Like

Was Larry !

3 Likes

George’s “shrimp moment” is one of my favorites.

3 Likes

Wow. Never knew that! My day has meaning now…

3 Likes

So many.

Elaine’s hatred of the English Patient and getting stigmatized for it.

“Hole in one”

George having his desk converted for naps.

6 Likes

Kamer and Elaine were my favourite characters.

Two scenes that come to mind:

Kramer buying the showerhead from the guy on the street and the subsequent backflip in the shower.

Elaine’s dance moves.

So many memorable other characters. Jackie Chiles was brilliant!

4 Likes

The one where George has himself airbrushed out of the photo on his boss’s desk is pretty epic…

Kramer was my favorite at the time but the older I get the more I can relate to George.

4 Likes

The Penske file…

7 Likes

The whole sequence with Kramers Japanese friends getting stuck in the drawers he had them sleeping in and Jerry trying to get them out with an axe….

4 Likes

If anyone says the finale with any amount of sincerity I won’t start another general thread here for 6 months.

5 Likes

Seinfeld’s supermarket melon vs Kramer’s street melon…

5 Likes

The Opera is probably the best episode in my opinion.

Funny timing for this thread. I just started rewatching again from S1E1 last night for about the millionth time.

I practically grew up on Seinfeld reruns as a child because I had to hang out in the back room of my grandparents’ shop after school until my parents got out of work. They had a TV that only got one channel and it was just Seinfeld for hours every week day. Most of the jokes flew over my head but that show had a really pronounced influence on my ability to find humor in the mundane. Loved Kramer the most because he was so zany though.

3 Likes

Levels, Jerry! Levels!!

4 Likes

I also love every time George calls Jerry and immediately launches into some diatribe about whatever absurd predicament he’s in and Jerry just says “Who is this?” in a sly way. Never gets old.

4 Likes