[Seems to be resolved] Syntakt frozen at startup screen on cold start

T[quote=“natehorn, post:40, topic:173867”]
If that’s a problem it sounds like one at their end not yours :grimacing:

I’m really keen on a Syntakt but it seems it might need a revision or two…
[/quote]

This is also a Digitakt problem

Maybe I’ve just never needed to worry about it I guess… Not that I switch things off and on fast a lot haha - certainly not had any issues like this with the DT myself.

Just sounds like the kind of warning they shouldn’t have to give to me…

I always thought that the reason that elektron devices need time before they can get turned on again is so that they can finish saving the state of the device, so that when u turn it on you find it how you left it. I think that lone big capacitor they use is basically for that?
So when you turn it on too quickly you can interrupt a hardware-level cycle.
I did that mistake too once, it was spooky, but nothing broke, i got used to it and it became second nature.

I hope OP problem gets resolved soon, thats not good!

Hey there. Yes,. I did try the “FUNC + Power on” mode thing. I tried the test mode, and one other option…its escaping me right now. But no resolution…

Do you remember if your boot-up issues started before or after doing that?

The issues for started on the very first boot out of the box.

I would not waste my time and money with a third party power supply if I were you.

Just let Elektron customer service know about the issue and let them handle it.

I got my replacement unit today from Patchwerks in Seattle. Works perfect.

3 Likes

My Digitakt did this right out of the box. Finally it just bricked itself on the opening logo screen. I returned it and never looked back.

This seems to be a repeating pattern on all of Elektron’s modern boxes.

I wouldn’t give up over that. Stuff happens with any company and there’s more working ones compared to some bad apples. It sucks but happens but no reason to write them off forever!

I have 4 elektron boxes and no issues.

I agree with @Meriphew though, I also have a Digitakt that seems to have a similar issue, it just comes up less often.

I don’t know where I’ve found this advice but it works so far for me:

Finish any cabling (power, MIDI, USB, mixer/audio interface) of your Elektron before switching it on.

Remove every connected cable only after switching off.

I still own 3 other Elektron boxes (MD/AR2/A4). This is a bit of a ridiculous ongoing issue with Elektron gear though.

Oh, that’s not normal? Mine says “Loading” on the digital tracks for a few seconds. It’s more like 4 - 5 seconds, but not playable “as soon as it boots”.

I think it’s normal. It’s the digital parts that need loading.

I haven’t tested but I wouldn’t be surprised if the complexity of the sound influences the loading time.

I got my Syntakt yesterday and noticed this unwanted riser sound in the second time I started it up. Restarted and everything was OK… After 2 hours playing when I turned it off the display faded out in a strange way (not like my Digitakt that blackout immediately).

I’ve had a couple of instances where the screen stays on for about 3 seconds after I power down. It seems to be quite common and not particularly indicative of a wider problem.

3 Likes

Many thanks!

Yes I get this off and on as well.

1 Like