Thanks a lot, very insightful!
Still left me a bit confused about the live and recording parts:
- Are you performing your tracks from start to finish in one take? Are you using song mode/arranger?
- Are you composing everything on one machine like “Run Forest Run” on AF only? If not, are you recording several instruments via OB at the same time? Thought that’s not possible.
- Are you playing the track live on several machines, but only record one at a time and then combine the recorded one stereo master tracks per machine, although they were technically not played live at the same time?
- Are you using Ableton clips for arranging or are you only applying EQ etc. to live tracks as performed on your machines?
- Are you adding effects via Ableton? Read your list of (reverb) pedals in another thread, so I assume you added them via insert later on?
Thanks a lot! I never finish stuff because I would like to record it played live on all machines in one track without song mode/arranger, but then mess up performing too often and get frustrated. So I was thinking about recording parts and arranging in Ableton, but am afraid that it loses its live character and I spend more time on the laptop than I want to. So I am always interested how others record and finish their live synth stuff.