SEEDJ | online platform

The irony of people like Francois Kevorkian promoting this, when he cut his teeth decades before the people buying his records had ever heard the the word “platform” used in relation to music promo.

1 Like

My point is there is a limit to what you can achieve by putting out tracks and nothing else. (Putting out tracks means hard work, putting in the hours). I am not defending this service or any service (though I’ve found a few great services that really help), I’m arguing against the notion that all you need to do is put in the work and put the tracks out and that will bring in the listeners… It may work for a very lucky few, but most will not achieve much beyond depression (and a few quid).

Doesn’t that apply to just about every method for trying to make it in music though?

2 Likes

With even lower probabilities of success, yes.

So really, the best way to try and make it is on your own terms and within parameters that you are comfortable with or that don’t diminish your dignity or principles.

Or to put it in the words of a young Gary Barlow.

Do what you like.

1 Like

You need way more than talent (and not even always talent) to “make it” there are 1000’s of very talented artists in every genre not making a dime from music.

Same as it ever was.

Platforms that make promises like this are very much aware of this, but still will try to sell you a big bucket of empty hopes.

So, what to do?

Simple, make music for yourself, put it on bandcamp, and/or do a small run physical release. Keep doing that, you might not get rich but you will keep your integrity and just maybe find some fans of what you do do.

Spamming on social media is the height of desperation, so don’t do that either, you will only annoy people, but you can put your stuff online for people to find, you might also try sending links to record labels you like, but don’t count on a response.

Resist all these shite production courses, flim flam promotional sites, like for likes, and anything else that takes your time away from putting in the hours making music you are happy with, there are no shortcuts for most people.

IMHO.

6 Likes

Nah bro I think it’s more like business tech house

2 Likes