Seattle: Techno collaboration anyone?

Anyone in Seattle (or online?) looking to collaborate on some techno or deep house?

Hit me up

I make stuff like this

https://m.soundcloud.com/djadonis206/maybe-techno

And this

3 Likes

Bump :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey dude, dont know if youre still tryna, but ive recently been wanting to do some in person collab/knowledge trading/jamming. now that ive had some time to learn these boxes and vax in the area is pretty common.
Dig what ive heard of yours
I live up in everett
Hit me up if youre into it

1 Like

I’m down in Seattle, and been thinking about jamming more with folks – I’ll send ya a dm

1 Like

Hey all, I’m in Seattle and would be glad to drag a box or two out of the home :slight_smile:

South King is good for me, but obviously I’d travel a bit!

Fantastic, I just got some hard panniers for my bike, so im mobile now. Im good for pretty much anywhere in the greater seattle area

2 Likes

What’d be nice is finding a space, Vermillion is one friendly spot in Capitol Hill for meeting up. Other artist/performer friendly joints are definitely welcome!

We could even reserve library space if there’s enough interest.

That would be cool, didnt know you can jam at the library lol, sounds fun

Yeah, i guess the meeting rooms are shut down due to Covid, understandable. But options can definitely be found!

Rad, good thinkin, any suggestions for sound? Ive got a pa and cabs from my old band shed, pretty huge though, and to be honest, the head is actually pretty garbage.

1 Like

I have some very mobile monitors I could bring, and I could run 4 mono sources through my octa as a mixer :slight_smile:
I’ve always enjoyed Vermillion, though I didn’t know you they ever hosted jams-- that’s super cool. Too bad about the library room not being open for renting. I’ll think about other locations that might work

1 Like

Excellent! What is vermillion? Ive never heard of it, like a general use gallery/art space?

Oh, I haven’t spoken to them about anything! Small local gallery/bar that also hosts local community events. I’ll see what other spaces might be good.

I’m not from Seattle, but this is awesome. Would definitely like to hear the results!

If anyone’s in the NYC/Philly/NJ metro area and wants to try something similar, I’m down.

1 Like

Had a blast at Boy Harsher last night and thought of the thread-

Any ideas for a casual meetup, or maybe even outdoor thing? I’ve got a theater gig at On The Boards soon and can try to ask around for good cheap/free indoor or outdoor options, especially with summer coming up.

I’ll try to keep aware of PA options as they pop onto Craigslist.

Oh shit they played last night!?
:weary:

I’d be down for a jam sometime!

1 Like

I’m a social dude and generally like jamming/working with others but after quitting my last band a little under a year ago I am having just way too much fun being fully solo. I imagine this feeling will pass at some point and I’ll get collaborative again so I’m glad we have this thread here.

I don’t know what goes on with Substation vs The Plague but I had friends that used to rent rooms there by the hour. Seemed like a real nice setup and it couldn’t have cost too much or they’d not have gone that route.

@thermionic, please let me know the details of this gig you have coming up. I’ll try to make it :0)

1 Like

Yeah, whats the details for your upcoming show?

1 Like

B’aw thanks!

The gig coming up is not techno or based off my music, but I could still promise great live instrumentation & Ableton work, dance and video art-

• 6/16; 8pm
  • 6/17; 8pm - followed by post-show conversation
  • 6/18; 8pm - this performance will be filmed
6 Likes