Screen Gels For Syntakt?

Ok, so I’ve got this real spicy brain problem of absolutely hating using the Syntakt and the Digitakt together because of the same factor/different screens thing and was just wondering if anyone has come across a gel / transparency etc that will sort of match the white of the ST to the pissy yellow of the DT/DN?

I know there are some brave sorts that have managed to solder those teeny tiny pins on the not quite replacement screens but nah, definitely not for me, I might be fine with popping the faceplate and non permanently sticking a gel or something on the inside of the glass though.

there’s another thread on it somewhere.
u can slide coloured transparent acetate sheets under the glass. ime you can’t get a bright yellow ala digitakt due to the syntakt being a cold blueish white but you can change it up.

i ended up preferring the original personally but that’s just me.

Oh nice, I hadn’t seen that, will have another search.

1 Like

…dunno what the display replacement costs, but given the fact that i also always hated that yellow screen on my dtakt, therefor i feel u, i’d say…order one and say u want the white-bluish stakt like pleeeeaaaase…they’re both the same and it’s no big deal to switch them…

it really makes a difference, since i got my ot mk2 and the stakt paired up next to each other…both with same display colour…
hey elektron…stick to those white ones and skip the yellow ones, once and for all…
it’s a nice facelift for future dtakt batches…

2 Likes

Ok, so I’ve got this real spicy brain problem of absolutely hating using the Machinedrum and the Monomachine together because of the same factor/different screens thing and was just wondering if anyone has come across a gel / transparency etc that will sort of match the white of the Monomachine to the bloody red of the Machinedrum

I know there are some brave sorts that have managed to solder those teeny tiny pins on the not quite replacement screens but nah, definitely not for me, I might be fine with popping the faceplate and non permanently sticking a gel or something on the inside of the glass though.

1 Like