Screeching sound when I save a sample on Octatrack

I’ve encountered an unusual problem.

Every time I save copy of a sample while playing my project, I get very loud audio glitches: digital screeches, cracks, interference.

This only seems to happen in one project. I’ve never seen it before. I know my way around the OT pretty well. I’ve tried rebooting. I’ve tried reformatting then repopulating the CF card. I’ve updated from 1.40A to 1.40B firmware.

I can’t think that the project does anything very unusual, it’s pretty similar to lots of my other work. A few long sample chains in static tracks. A few 128 beat samples recorded in on flex, played on a mix of flex and static machines without LFOs doing anything exotic.

Has anyone else ever had this? Do I need to worry? Is my CF card dying? (Sandisk Extreme 64gb from Amazon, I think I’ve misplaced the original 32gb one).

Never encountered this personally; I mostly use FLEX.

Is the sample played back while you save it as a copy ?
AFAIK saving cuts the sound unfortunately.

I didn’t know “screeching” term.
Audio example?

Yes the static sample is being played while I save a copy. I’ve never seen it be an issue before and I’ve tested saving a sample in other projects during static playback and they don’t glitch. I’ll try to grab a recording and post.

But maybe it’s just expected behaviour that saving a static sample while playing a static sample causes playback problems?

I am curious to know why to you need a copy of it…

1 Like