Scratching with the Digitakt

Just a quick discovery, if you use an LFO targeted to the sample tune and start messing with the depth, you get a scratching like sound. Cheers!

2 Likes

got a clip? sounds awesome!

Another thing that works really nicely is LFO set to random, mode set to trig (or one) and each trigger makes a nice single variation in your target. Works really nicely with both pitch and start position.

I attempted to do some “scratching” on this one:

2 Likes

This has potential! I could see it working really well with an external controller that has a large jog wheel type control assigned to depth, or even a ribbon style touch strip sort of like on the old yamaha SU series samplers. I’d be interested to see how coherently one can modulate depth and then use func+no for a quick reload to zero.

Thanks a lot for posting the example, nice one.

Yeah, my one “complaint” would be that it’s not as reactive as I would like. I basically set the LFO to target the sample pitch, set to random, and started messing with the depth.

The fine-tuning nature of the encoders, the small knobs, and the wide berth of the value range may be the main factor inhibiting reactivity. My arturia controller has the touch strip but it’s not really assignable in a useful way so maybe I’ll see if I can figure out how to assign lfo depth to the x/y pad on my little korg nanopad2. I got a usb midi host recently so that I can hook it straight up to the digitakt and use the pads, but I haven’t had a chance to mess with it yet. It probably won’t be today, but I’ll let you know the results after I give it a try, it might be a bit more immediate as an intermediary to the LFO modulation parameter.

1 Like