Scene Sliding Parameter Control

Hello-been having the time of my life with the OT and found my fav way to work with it is working in Scenes almost like DJing samples in improvised way. However- Since re recording a bunch of samples I made on octa I’m obviously coming up with new results which I’m excited about but one thing I’d like more control over is how things sound when I’m fading/sliding scene to scene. I’m trying to chill out the intensity of when certain textures come in more slowly as opposed to super abrupt how some are and others arent. I do understand the importance of amp volume etc but its still giving me a trouble. I don’t want to have to change the Slice start points to fix this. Maybe if I set less attack on the trigs specifically when I know I’m fading over? HMMM
saying a lot of things here but maybe what i’d like to just ask is for the most indepth writings/videos on Scene mode for octatrack. I’ve gone far but there must be a ton I’m missing. This learning curve issue I’m having is stopping me from finishing a song I’m really excited about that worked fine when I originally wrote it on OT before re sampling recording. Thanks!

What is the question?

Hi! Fairly I couldn’t really ask a proper question since I couldn’t even describe my issue. Basically I figured out if I wanted smoother scene sliding I need to make sure my scene A slice starts are on the same scene B slice starts even if those specific tracks are muted on The A scene. Basically my question is I just want as much info as possible with scenes as possible and examples with LFOs… I figured out the side chain thing with Amp Volume as an LFO or reverb etc but I think there’s more I can learn I haven’t figured out yet. Want to make sure I’m not missing any options.

You want to slide slices between muted tracks? :sketchy:

With the crossfader you can modulate 240 (+10) parameters, and these 240 parameters can be also modulated by the 24 (+24 midi) lfos. I let you imagine all the possibilities.

Without a example or a specific subject I think it’s hard to answer…

2 Likes