Scatter effect module

No aira owned besides Tb3…

I need something I can apply in realtime, just like the Tb3 scatter…
Virus Ti had that for processing external audio…

The OT can be made to shuffle order in realtime - especially if you have slice selection tied to a random LFO - the depth of shuffling can be tied to the crossfader via lfo depth adjustment, from some to none

it may not be what you need but it is what the earlier poster had intended you to consider as an option

1 Like

I see, thanks, but I want to affect the incoming audio not internal samples.

What about any of KORG Kaoss Pads?
Not sure how good slicer works there in comparison to Roland Scatter effect.

1 Like

OT can do!
Not that you should get one for that, but just sayin…

2 Likes

You can do it with the last pass of a buffer recording of the audio at inputs or a mix or etc etc. Nothing can predict ahead of time, so this couldn’t be considered a constraint

1 Like

The Roland AIRA TR-8 (the first version) could apply the scatter FX to the incoming audio.

(don´t have it anymore, but pretty sure)

What about OT Delay freeze?
Isn’t it the scatter FX @shinobi is looking for ?

2 Likes

I think the AIRA boxes do a little more than “just” glitch-repeats… from what I remember there was some ‘real time reverse audio’ type of thing going on as well, etc.

AIRA Scooper would fit the bill if you can find one. Although you do need to capture the loop first.

Red Panda Particle http://www.redpandalab.com/products/particle

2 Likes

Scatter is a combination of processes including repeats, repitch, reverse, filter, re-order, srr, and probably others, could be tricky to get right on the OT but could probably get in the ballpark.

Still think the best option is the MX-1, probably the cheapest too.

2 Likes

Here’s a software one if that’s an option for you and more options in the thread:

I don’t know if you have an OT already but here’s this:

Have u thought about the Pioneer RMX? U can get some nice scatter per frequencies, with the model 1000, it is quite nice.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried the Pioneer RMX 1000 (except the iPad app) but I used to have Pioneer RMX 500 and in some aspects I think it’s better than the 1000. I sold it when I quit djing a year ago, but now I want to get one back because basically nothing does what it did for the price. The only downside are lack of (DIN) midisync and the RCA inputs and outputs.

One effect that I would also consider would be Boss RC-20 slicer.

1 Like
1 Like

Did you consider the Organelle? It could be a valid option.

I know of a few patches that could work in your case (Granular Freezer, Buffershufflr or even Clds). Plus, you could of course write your own custom effect. It’s a pretty powerful device now that Orac allows chaining.

Thanks guys!
Options : Virus Ti Atomizer, Octatrack delay freeze, Mpc Live xy mode, kaoss pads, even mini kaoss, boss sl-20, pioneer rmx, aira mx1, scooper, red panda particle, electro harmonix.