Saving Sounds and Sound management

Hi There,

I’m trying to save individual sounds from a project, which seems to be a cumbersome activity, you need to load a kit and from there save individual sounds.

Do I miss something? Is there a way where you can see an overview of all the individual sounds within a project?

Thanks

1 Like

Sounds and Kits are two different things if I get it correctly.

Saving Sounds individually is really interesting when you want a very nice sound to be accessible from other Kits, or for Sound locks (for this you will have to upload it in the Pool).

The sounds in Kits are different animals, they are saved when you save the Kit.

The thing to really get the hang of it is to use he shortcuts YES+Kit to save a Kit and NO+Kit to reload it.
While you can NO+Sound reload only one sound of a Kit, YES+Sound will ask where you want to save the Sound, which would show the sound is not shared among different Kits (I hope I’m right on this one :zonked: )

So in the end, I’d say : don’t bother to save individual Sounds unless you really want to reuse them outside of a Kit.

What’s your POV, 'Nauts ?

5 Likes

[YES] + [MUTE] to save a sound

3 Likes

I’m finally saving individual sounds on the Rytm it’s a bit of work
but makes so you can pull up your favourite drum sounds super quick in any project…
I’m storing each type of sound in the corresponding bank
eg.
kicks in bank 1 BD
Snares in bank 2 SD etc…

Anyone else doing this?

4 Likes

I use rightmost banks for my sounds.

Bank P to populate the pool (in sound browser, you can then select all, load to pool) and then everything in the following banks towards the left.

I don’t use one bank per machine, as I use tags, but it might be a good idea, got to think about this.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Analog Rytm OS 1.60A: bug reports

I do, its easier for me at least. I have my own system, also lot of sounds that dont really fall under any “category”, glitchy percussion, so i have my own logic to what bank each one should be assigned to.
Also, i use bank P for basses.

1 Like

Man I just logged into my password manager, verified my device via another password manager on a different device, then trusted my device for 30 days, then logged into this forum, 4 years after you posted this, to say THANK YOU! This is forbidden knowledge for some reason!

1 Like